Cosy Corner is a delightful mix of period and modern; a peaceful retreat to unwind in a typical Cotswold stone cottage with contemporary home comforts.
The accommodation comprises a ground floor lounge, with dining table, which has a large and characterful inglenook fireplace, well equipped kitchen, a first floor bathroom which has a bath with shower attachment, wash basin, shaver point, heated towel rail and WC, and two bedrooms. There is a twin bedroom on the first floor (2 x 3ft single beds) and a double bedroom on the second floor (1 x 4ft 6in bed).
In addition there is a “Washroom” located in the garden which has been equipped with clothes washing and ironing facilities, a freezer, WC, wash basin, and walk-in shower; ideal for walkers or cyclists.
An Air Source Heat pump system has been installed in both cottage and washroom and provides heat as required or air cooling in the summer.
Please be aware the cottage has low beams and ceilings and tight and twisty stairs. Detailed information pertaining to this can be found under the “access statement” on our web page.
The inglenook fireplace is home to a very efficient wood burning stove which will warm any chill evening; logs, kindling and fire-lighters are supplied for your convenience and are inclusive of your stay. Wood burning stove (logs supplied).
You are welcome to enjoy the cottage garden, which extends across the access pathway through two gates.
A high chair and travel cot are available. Please email or telephone after booking if you need one or both.
A smoke alarm for the hearing impaired can be made available for your visit at a cost of £20 per short break or per week. We have one unit available which radio links to the cottage smoke detection system and alerts by way of a strobe light and a vibrating pad under the pillow. If you wish to hire, please email or telephone after making your booking.
Summary of facilities
Air Source Heating (and cooling in the Summer)
Drinking Water purifier (reverse osmosis, removes virtually all sediment and impurities from the mains supply)
Free WiFi broadband
Telephone for emergency use
Digital Television x 2 (Lounge and Double Bedroom)
Audio system with DAB Radio and wireless smartphone connection (lounge)
DAB Radio (Double Bedroom)
High chair and travel cot
Iron and ironing board
Two adult bicycles are available (to use at your own risk)
All linen and towels supplied
Egyptian cotton linen (sheets and towels)
Hypoallergenic duvets and pillows
Parking adjacent to Village Green
Smoke alarm for hearing impaired- 1 unit is available for hire
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Cosy Corner||from £92.00 to £147.00 per unit per night|
*Minimum 2 night stay
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- Visit England Cyclists Welcome 2016
- Visit England Walkers Welcome 2016
- Visit England Families Welcome 2016
- In countryside
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - Easy parking adjacent to the village green
- Cycle hire - Two bikes to use - no charge but at own risk
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour TV
- Drying Facilities
- Ironing Facilities
- Oven / Cooker
- Washing Machine
- Family Friendly
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Linen provided
- Public telephone - For incoming and emergency calls only
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Double glazed Windows (R8 Windows designed for period buildings). Air source heat pump heating, more efficient than traditional heating and with the added bonus of air cooling in the summer. LED lighting throughout including LED filament lamps which consume less than 10% of the electricity of standard bulbs. Induction hob in the kitchen. A-rated white goods. Softened water; not only does soft water feel nice to the touch, it requires much less soap or detergent and with no lime scale build up (in what is a very hard water area), the water systems and washing machines last much longer
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Hearing impaired. A smoke alarm for the hearing impaired can be made available for your visit at a cost of £20 per short break or per week. We have one unit available which radio links to the cottage smoke detection system and alerts by way of a strobe light and a vibrating pad under the pillow.
- Special provisions for cyclists - Discreet area for bicycle storage Separate washroom in the garden, located adjacent to bicycle shed, which incorporates clothes washing facilities and walk in shower and WC – ideal for freshening up after a long ride. 2 bicycles on site available for guests to use at no additional cost, at own risk.
- Special provisions for walkers - Separate washroom in the garden, located adjacent to bicycle shed, which incorporates clothes washing facilities and walk in shower and WC – ideal for freshening up after a long walk.
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|