A vast medieval fortress which became an Elizabethan palace, Kenilworth Castle is one of Britain’s largest and most spectacular historic sites.
The castle is rich in associations with medieval monarchs. It’s connected with King Henry VIII and most famously the royal love story of Queen Elizabeth I and her favourite Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester.
Today, you can imagine the majesty of the Great Hall playing host to medieval monarchs, wonder at the mighty Norman keep and relax as you walk the fragrant pathways of the beautifully recreated Elizabethan garden.
Enjoy a view fit for a Queen as you scale the heights of the tower built to woo Queen Elizabeth I, explore what used to be her private rooms and experience a whole new perspective on what was one of Elizabethan England’s finest buildings.
Tags: Kenilworth Castle
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£10.10 per person per day|
|Child (5 - 15 years)||£6.00 per person per day|
|Concession||£9.10 per person per day|
|Family (2 adults, 3 children)||£26.20 per person per day|
Under 5s are free. English Heritage members have free admission. Please note admission prices for English Heritage members and non-members may differ on event days, please see website for details of events and admission prices.
- Dog friendly
- Groups Accepted
- Outdoor Attraction
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Audio tour with hearing loop
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Special audio tour for visually impaired visitors available.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - Level access to kitchen area and Great Hall. Upper floors mainly reached by spiral staircases. Many good views. Low level introductory display accessible to wheelchair users in the stables. Site information about inaccessible areas available. Garden area accessible with compacted gravel paths and smooth grass. Benches provided. Leicester's Gatehouse and exhibition has access to all floors via a lift.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking - A car parking charge applies to ensure castle visitors have priority. The charge will be refunded on admission, except on Bank Holiday weekends and at selected special events.
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages - English, French and German audio guides available. A children's audio tour is also available. Audio tours are free of charge.
- Coach drop-off point
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Event Venue
- On-site coach parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Picnic Area
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- French audio guide
- German audio guide
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Guided tours must be booked in advance, please call castle on 01926 852078 for details and to book.
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
|2017 - Opening (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Please see website for seaonal opening times.