The Bird and Deer Park is situated in a beautiful Cotswold valley offering wonderful views from the new Visitor Centres balconies, where a range of hot & cold beverages, biscuits, ice creams, crisps and a variety of chocolates and sweets are available. Charming follies adorn the Park and a wide variety of waterfowl wander freely for families to enjoy and interact with. The Park is well known for its tame Fallow Deer, resident Reindeer and cheeky Pygmy Goats. Miniature Mediterranean donkeys reside at the Park during the summer months and the Kookaburras are flown daily in the summer.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£8.40 per ticket|
|Child (2-16)||£7.40 per ticket|
|Child under 2||Free|
|Citizens Senior||£8.00 per ticket|
|Season Ticket||£31.00 per ticket|
|Season Ticket||£22.00 per ticket|
|Season Ticket||£33.00 per ticket|
Check website for promotions i.e. One Grandparent gets in free with 2 paying children.
- Gift Shop
- Groups Accepted - Groups are welcome and discounts can be available for advance bookings.
- Haunted - The ancient Monks Pond at the top of the Park is rumoured to be haunted!
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction - The Bird and Deer Park set in a natural Cotswold valley and is therefore an outdoor attraction. The Visitor Centre at the main entrance provides indoor seating and serves a range of beverages.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - The Visitor Centre is accessed by a ramp or steps which is suitable for people in wheelchairs and a toilet for people with disabilities is available. The Park is situated in a natural Cotswold valley that is accessed by a number of steps and there are slopes within the Park. For this reason there is no charge for people in wheelchairs or their helpers.
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Baby change facilities are available in the Visitor Centre.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Ample free car and coach parking is available on the estate a hundred yards from the Park entrance.
- Coach Parking
- On-Site café/restaurant - Beverages including a range of hot and cold drinks, extensive selection of biscuits, sweets, chocolates, crisps and ice creams are all available at the Visitor Centre.
- Picnic Site - Picnic table are provided within the Park.
- All major credit cards accepted
- Approx length of visit - 2 hours
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Cater for groups - Groups can be catered for with advance notice and discounts for entry may apply.
- Event venue - The Bird Park hosts many events throughout the year, including Mad Hatters Tea Parties, Teddy Bears Picnics and the hugely successful Winter Wonderland Xmas events.
- Free car parking
- On-site coach parking
- Open all year
- Picnic Area
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Toilets - Toilets are available in the Visitor Centre. A toilet for people with disabilities is also available and there are baby change facilities.
- Family Fun - The Park is an ideal venue for a day out for families.
- Marketed towards children - The Park is very popular with young families where children, particularly of junior school age find it very exciting.
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens - The Park has a large number of regular visitors, many of whom are senior citizens. It should however be noted that the Park is in a natural valley so there are a number of slopes and steps that may prove difficult to people with mobility difficulties.
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - The Kookaburra's are flown along the main dam around noon during the summer months. Please ring before visiting to check if they will be flying during your visit, 01452 812727.
- Educational Visits Accepted - Special bespoke packages can be arranged for School and other educational groups. Some details are available on the website, please ring 01452 812727 for further details.
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Guided tours can be booked in advance for groups. Please ring 01452 812 727 for details.
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Mar 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00*|
|Opening (1 Nov 2017 - 28 Feb 2018)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00*|
* Closed only on Good Friday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is M5. From M5 jct 11A take A417 Cirencester take first exit signed A46 to Stroud. Attraction signposted with brown signs from M5.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Stroud. Take A46 direction Painswick/Cheltenham, 3 miles out of Painswick on Cheltenham side.