- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 17th July 2019
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 18th July 2019
- No. of Nights:
A 15th century wool merchants house with nine themed rooms. Located in the beautiful Cotswold village of Painswick this is a romantic and quirky location.
There is wealth of character to be found in every room, each decorated in a style of its own. Each bedroom features not only a unique style but also a four poster or half tester bed and every room has an en suite bathroom with bath, shower or both. Choose from “Medieval Garden”, “Palm Beach“, Old Tuscany”, “The Highlands”, “Dovecote”, “New England”, “Cottage Rose”, “Arabian Nights” and the “Pool Room”. Breakfasts at Cardynham House are a special occasion and include a traditional individually prepared English breakfast, American pancakes and porridge. They have now also opened their own Bistro restaurant at Cardynham House featuring local produce and daily specials. The Bistro is open Tuesday through to Saturday nights for evening meals and is open for lunch every day except Monday.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £80.00 to £120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single occupancy double||£70.00|
|Family en suite||from £125.00 to £160.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Private pool room||from £160.00 to £240.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-suite||from £125.00 to £140.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Room rates vary according to your choice of room and the length of stay and also the time of year.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal - Bistro restaurant open Tuesday - Saturday lunch & dinner. Sunday lunch only. Closed Monday.
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accept children all ages
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open All Year
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - 15th Century wool merchants house.
- Village Location
- German spoken
- Romanian spoken
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - Refer to "Location" page at www.cardynham.co.uk for detailed information
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Colour Television in all units
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - All rooms and public areas are non smoking.
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Special provisions for cyclists
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Room / Unit Features: Double en suite
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
From M5 jct 11a onto the A4117 take the 1st exit onto the A46 to Stroud. Painswick is 4 miles on the A46 itself.
Public Transport Directions
From Stroud - 4 miles, Gloucester 7 miles, Cheltenham 10 miles. Nearest train station is Stroud.
Bus route 46 from Cheltenham or Stroud.