King John's Palace
Tel: 01993 878075
Located in the heart of the Cotswolds this 6 bedroom historic family house, which was once a Royal Hunting Lodge is a stone's throw from some of th emost visited local destinations in the area.has been
Visited by ten kinds and queens in days of old, it's the perfect placec to relax, book a private chef or some wellness treats with our partners and hide away in this idyllic spot away from the hustle and bustle of the outside world.
The house sleeps 12 guests in 6 bedrooms with 5 bath/shower rooms, four poster and king sized beds, a family/playroom for the children with smart tv. Downstairs you'll find a spacious kitchen/dining hall with electric 5 oven AGA, snug, drawing room, morning room, office and large boot/dog room and utility area.
Open fires and wood burning stoves make the winter evenings cosy but in the summer, outside is a sun trap with a patio area perfect for the barbecue and gardens for the children to run around and explore.
King John's Palace is perfect for exploring the wider area with famous landmarks like Burford, the Cotswold Wildlife Park, Bourton-on-the-Water, Adam Henson's Cotswold Farm park, Stow on the Wold, Diddly Squat Farm, Soho Farmhouse and Daylesford just minutes away.
We are also a short drive from Blenheim Palace and many National Trust properties or take the train into the centre of Oxford for a tour of the dreaming spires and colleges. Cheltenham is only 40 minutes away so the property is also a perfect base for friends attending any of the popular festivals or race meetings.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|King John's Palace (6 bedrooms)||from £985.00 to £1,250.00 per unit per night|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Stars
- 4 Visit England Stars
- Visit England Gold 2015
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Silver) 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless payment only
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Open now
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Dogs Accepted - By arrangement
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Garden furniture is provided for gravel garden. Surrounded by fields.
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided
- Log Fire
- Pets accepted - Only in The Gallery. Maxium of two dogs allowed. Extra charge for dogs.
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In countryside
- Midweek breaks
- Non smoking establishment
- Weekend breaks
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - By arrangement
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- Cash & Cheque accepted
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- DVD Player
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Ironing Facilities
- Microwave in all units
- Non smoking units
- Oven / Cooker
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Mobile Phone Reception
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2023 - Opening (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|