Rooted in a passion for the local land, food and entertaining, the carefully curated menus are farm-based and plant-inspired.
Covid-19 update: The Ox Barn restaurant offers coffee & Pastries: Thurs – Sun, from 10am Lunch: Thurs – Sun, midday to 3pm Drinks & Nibbles: Thurs – Sun, 3pm to 6pm Dinner: Fri - Sat, 6pm – 9pm Shop: Thurs – Sun, 10am – 6pm .
The Ox Barn is a destination restaurant under the direction of Head Chef, Charlie Hibbert. His team and the gardeners at Thyme work together to select and grow the fruits, vegetables and herbs used to create his Modern British Countryside fare.
The nineteenth century barn, once housing the farm’s Oxen, is now complete with a restaurant, a contemporary bar and the chef’s table next to the open kitchen. The Ox Barn’s terrace, with it’s landscaped gardens and far-reaching views of the rolling hills, is the perfect spot for summer lunches paired with Thyme’s own Rosé.
Sitting adjacent to Thyme’s shop and the famed Baa Bar, the Ox Barn makes a wonderful day out destination or for a atmospheric evening affair.
We are proud to be honoured in the SRA’s Food Made Good 20 Most Sustainable Businesses 2019.
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday 8-10am
Lunch: Thursday - Sunday 12-3pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday 6-9.30pm
Call 01367850174 for more details
Thyme is an English country destination, nestled in the heart of the Cotswold village of Southrop. An enclosed collection of restored historic buildings form a peaceful hamlet environment, a ‘village within a village,’ that epitomises the understated and natural beauty of the surrounding area. A sustainable ethos is rooted in the kitchen garden & farm, ensuring a gentle footprint in the local and global landscape. We offer hotel rooms, cottages, cookery school classes, shop, spa facilities, tithe barn dining for celebrations & corporate events, cocktail bar, restaurant, village pub and gardens.
- AA Awards AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
- Bar - The Baa - situated in the old lambing sheds and drawing inspiration from the farm’s two flocks of rare breed sheep, the bespoke ‘sheep seats’ characterise this space. Bartenders create homemade cordials, shrubs and infusions which together with fresh flowers and herbs from the garden, create a cocktail menu that tells the story of the land.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Private Chef
- Serve breakfast - Residents only - breakfast is served in the Ox Barn restaurant.
- Serve evening meal - Dine in our new restaurant the Ox barn or at our village pub, The Swan at Southrop.
- Serve lunch - Dine in our new restaurant the Ox barn or at our village pub, The Swan at Southrop … or in the warmer months, let us organise a picnic for you.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Thyme accepts children over the age of 12, with the exception of our village cottage Old Walls that welcomes families and dogs, The Swan at Southrop which is child-friendly and lunch service in the Ox Barn.
- Contactless payment only
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- One way system
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Exclusive Use
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Six-time Chelsea Flower Show gold medalist, Bunny Guinness helped Caryn to create a series of classic country house gardens that not only frame the barns, houses and cottages creating delightful spaces in which to relax, but also working gardens and orchards on the farm that supply flowers for the house, food for the kitchen, and herbs for the spa. Our cottages, Old Walls & The Tallet have private gardens, Hotel rooms English Rose & Hollyhock have private gardens, as do the new contemporary Garden rooms opening in 2019.
- Night porter
- Pets accepted - Old Walls Cottage & The Swan at Southrop only.
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge - Fifi's room in the Farmhouse at Thyme is the perfect place to curl up in front of one of the two fireplaces in winter … or enjoy the view of the garden in summer. Alternatively, enjoy teas & coffees or cocktails in The Baa bar.
- Farm - 150 acres of farmland, meadows and fully productive kitchen garden,
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Village Location
- Cycle hire - Bicycles are available for gust use free of charge.
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Meadow Spa at Thyme
- Spa Treatments
- Swimming pool - Spring water swimming pool - chemical free.
- Tennis court
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Breakfast: Monday - Sunday 8-10am; Lunch: Thursday - Sunday 12-3pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday 6-9.30pm