Delicious food and drink and a very warm welcome
- Admission is only by advance online booking via our website www.rococogarden.org.uk. We are limiting the numbers of visitors arriving per half hour to minimise queues and to make best use of the car park spaces available. To avoid disappointment, please do not arrive without having booked a visit in advance.
– We have a one-way route past our till point, as well as into and out of and around the Garden. Please be aware that our temporary exit route is not suitable for those with mobility difficulties.
– We will only be accepting payments by debit or credit card. Cardholding members of Historic Houses, RHS and Rococo Garden Friends will be welcomed free of charge, as usual;
– We have installed temporary perspex screens at the till point to enable transactions to be carried out more safely;
– Doors will be left open to minimise the touching of surfaces and a regular schedule of cleaning of touchpoints will be in place.
- We currently have temporary toilet facilities onsite in our main car park. Our Café is open, operating a simple takeaway service 10am-3.30pm. The play area, maze and Pigeon House are currently closed as we have been operating on a reduced staff during lockdown and they still require significant maintenance
– we hope to re-open the play area on Thu 23 July. Last admission is at 3pm with the Garden closing at 4pm. You can buy from our shop and plant sales 10am – 3.30pm, with last orders in the Cafe at 3.30pm. Dogs on leads are very welcome, as usual.
We have three picnic tables in the field above the car park and two on the Bowling Green in the heart of the Garden.
The Rococo Garden cafe is at the entrance to the Garden, in the historic former Coach House. You don't need to buy an admission ticket to enjoy our delicious range of homemade goodies, and there is no need to book ahead unless you are bringing a party. There is a lovely wood burner to keep it cosy in the winter and outside tables to enjoy the sunshine in the summer.
The Cafe is open daily, 10.30am - 5pm, with last orders at 4.30pm. Lunch is served between 12noon and 2pm.
• Delicious homemade cakes
• Hot and cold homemade lunches
• Hot and cold drinks
• Produce from the Kitchen Garden (in season)
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless payment only
- One way system
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Takeaway available
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
|2018 Opening (11 Jan 2020 - 29 Nov 2020)|
* The Cafe is open daily, 10.30am - 5pm, with last orders at 4.30pm. Lunch is served between 12noon and 2pm.
Nearest major road is A46. Coming from the south in Painswick turn right at the traffic lights onto B4073 Gloucester Road. Entrance 0.5 miles on the left.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Stroud station. Take the A46 to Cheltenham; in Painswick, turn left onto the B4073 Gloucester Road.