This 15th century coaching inn is run by a team who are passionate about good food and good service and is open every day for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks.
On offer is a high quality menu of seasonal and locally-sourced produce in an intimate setting, accompanied by fine wines and local ales.
Choose from the dining room, cellar , main bar with its beamed ceilings and original stone fireplace, or enjoy your meal on the sunny outdoor terrace or in the secluded mediaeval courtyard with log fire.
The well-stocked bar has Hook Norton Hooky and always a guest ale on hand pump, with many of the ciders and lagers supplied by the Cotswold Brewing Company from nearby Bourton-on-the-Water. An extensive range of wines (including champagne) by the glass, speciality gins and other fine spirits are also available.
High quality food always includes a pie of the day, fresh fish and chips and some excellent steaks. As well as traditional pub classics, we also offer more refined options across our changing menu dependent on the season. Suppliers are locall-sourced wherever possible and include Kelmscott Country Pork, Mayfield Eggs, Cotswold Cheese Company and Aubrey Allen beef.
Should you wish to stay, the bedrooms are individually decorated in a modern English country house style with a mixture of designer fabrics and traditional wallpapers.
The Highway offers a 'home away from home' experience for the young, the not-so-young, little people and their four-legged friends. No matter how long you stay, you will be made most welcome.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Serve evening meal
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless payment only
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- One way system
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Takeaway available
- Al Fresco Dining
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dog Friendly
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Real log/coal fires
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Closed Christmas Day. Normal opening hours 12pm to 11pm Monday to Saturday and 12pm to 10pm Sunday.