This medieval hostelry, one of the oldest inns in the country, is set opposite the church and village green in the heart of the picturesque Cotswold village of Shipton under Wychwood. It is full of charm and character with open fires, real ales and home-made food.
The restaurant is ideal for those wishing to dine in calm and tranquility.
On sunnier days the courtyard provides the perfect setting for al fresco dining. The Monk's Bar is overflowing with character (as are the locals!) and provides the perfect setting for guests and locals to enjoy real ales, fine wines and excellent food.
The seasonal menus are proudly British and great care is taken in hunting out the best local and regional ingredients for each dish.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Real log/coal fires
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Onsite parking free of charge
- All major credit cards accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Open 12pm to 10pm daily. Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day