Eat & Drink
Delicious seasonal food, a lively atmosphere, and a bar team to be reckoned with. For years, The Tavern has remained a local favourite as the place to eat, drink, and celebrate.
Using the best local produce that they can lay their hands on, our chefs create comforting, taverna-style food inspired by flavours from Europe and beyond. Our menus include everything from chargrilled steaks and over-filled sarnies to deliciously decadent puddings. And with a team of talented mixologists behind the bar, who have several awards under their belt, you can sample some of the finest cocktails in Cheltenham.
Our beautiful brunches are packed full of punchy flavours. Feast on all-time classics such as smashed avocado, steak and eggs, or Tavern delicacies like our brisket hash with jalapeños and Sriracha hollandaise. Start the weekend in style with a glass of fizz or spend a morning sipping Bloody Marys and artisan coffees.
Every Sunday, between the hours of 12pm and 6pm, you can tuck into one of our famous Sunday roasts. You'll find plates piled high with the finest cuts of meat, duck fat roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, and giant Yorkshire puddings. And, of course, a choice of several utterly sinful puddings to finish.
Whatever the occasion, make The Tavern the place where you celebrate. With regular live music, a delectable drinks selection, and top notch menus to match, we're the perfect choice for parties in Cheltenham. Groups of 12 or more can take over the entire top floor and share a selection of Tavern favourites from our feasting menu or tuck into three delicious courses from our party menu.
Food Serving Times
Monday-Friday 12pm - 3pm and 5.30pm - 10pm
Saturday 10am - 10.30pm
Sunday 10am - 9.30pm
Drink Serving Times
Monday-Friday 11.30am - 11pm
Saturday 11.30am - 1am
Sunday 11.30am - 10.30pm
What’s on at The Tavern
From live music to dining at the chef's table, there are always exciting things happening at The Tavern. Find out more about our upcoming events below.
- Live music every Thursday and Saturday evening
- Tuesday night is steak night - Every Tuesday At The Tavern you can now enjoy a different prime cut perfectly paired with a glass of one of our specially selected red wines for just £18.
- Chef’s Table Delicious food, that’s what we’re all about. And there’s no better way to try our exquisite fare than at our newly launched Chef’s Table.Begin at the bar, sipping on a White Russian or a Negroni, while our expert bartender explains the history of the cocktail. Then, tipple in hand, take a seat in our open kitchen and let our Head Chef, James de Jong, guide you through our mouthwatering menu of 10 mini plates. Made using locally sourced British produce, the menu includes lamb and roast garlic meatballs, grilled asparagus, crispy pheasant egg and sauce gribiche, and a sticky toffee ice cream sandwich.
The evening starts at 6.30pm and costs £50 per person. Bookings must be made at least two weeks in advance.
We’ve packaged up a whole host of experiences to create the perfect presents for your favourite people.
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Guide dogs permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Steps to main entrance - 1 step
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Cater for vegans
- Cater for vegetarians
- Dairy-Free Options Available
- Gluten-Free & Coeliac Options Available
- Serve breakfast - [Weekend Brunch]
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
- Cater for special dietary requirements
- Dog Friendly
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Groups accepted
- Live Music
- Locally-sourced produce
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted
- Pre/post theatre menu
- In town/city centre
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Android pay accepted
- Apple pay accepted
- Cash accepted
- Contactless payment accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|