Discover the real Cotswolds! Explore the myths, legends and stories that make this area unique, with me, your resident guide.
Hit the towns:
● Roman Cirencester, Capital of the Cotswolds, with a history going back over 2,000 years - 1,400 years before Machu Picchu was a twinkle in its builder’s eye
● The mediaeval market towns of Tetbury, and Minchinhampton
● Gloucester - home of Long John Silver, Ebenezer Scrooge and the US national anthem:
● The 18th century spa town of Cheltenham - think Bridgerton
Let me take you off the beaten track:
● Painswick, Queen of the Cotswolds, with its magnificent churchyard containing 99 Yew trees - the Devil is said to pull up the 100th should it ever flourish
● The Stroud Valleys - site of the last fatal pistol duel in England
● Alpine Chalford, so steep that donkeys were used to deliver the groceries; and
● Tiny villages older than the Aztec Empire, such as Bisley - where a young Elizabeth I was rumoured to have died and been replaced
I can show you the honeypots too - Bourton-on-the water, Broadway, Bibury, Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Campden, and the Slaughters. But if you want to see the Cotswolds in all its untouristed glory, give me a call.
Before I became a qualified guide I was a journalist, so telling stories is what I do. I have lived in the Cotswolds for 20 years, and also cover Oxford and Stratford-Upon-Avon
I offer Covid-safe scheduled walks - the one ending at Stroud Brewery is particularly popular. You can see a list HERE
Visit my website to find out more about private walking tours or, if you prefer to go further afield, I can arrange transport and a driver - that way I can focus on you, rather than the road.
- Groups - Guided tours available for individuals and groups.
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|