Eynsham - St Leonard's Church
St Leonard's dates from the 13th century, in the 15th century the nave was rebut, a clerestory and north aisle added and the west tower was built. The church was heavily restored in Victorian times (by William Wilkinson in 1856 and H.G.W. Drinkwater in 1892).
The west tower has a ring of six bells. James Keene of Woodstock cast the third bell in 1653. Richard Keene cast the fifth bell in 1673. John Taylor & Co. of Loughborough cast or recast the treble, second, fourth and tenor bells in 1895. The church has also a Sanctus bell that Mears and Stainbank of the Whitechapel Bell Foundry cast in 1924.[
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|