On arrival at Combe Mill you will be shown around the Mill by a volunteer before joining others on the course for a safety briefing and a half-day session learning about and driving the beam engine.
You should wear ‘working’ clothes and sturdy shoes. Once finished and refreshed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion and may have your photograph taken by the engine.
Included in your half-day experience
● Free car parking and light refreshments
● Guided tour of Combe Mill
● Safety briefing
● Take part in steam raising and preparing the beam engine
● Learn to start and stop the beam engine
● Certificate and photograph
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size
- Min group size
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
|2022 (18 Mar 2022 - 26 Aug 2022)|
* Booking Essential
Nearest major road is A4095. A4095 from Woodstock to Witney. In centre of village of Long Hanborough, turn right to Combe. Follow this road which bears right at the Swan public house. Entrance to Combe Mill in 1km after river, before railway.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Combe Halt. From station turn right, right under railway bridge. In 300m turn right into main entrance.