For nearly half a century the Guiting Music Festival has been a delightful niche festival to enliven the Cotswolds’ summer calendar, bringing an exciting variety of highly talented performances of Classical, Jazz and Blues music by artists from around the world. In that time it has built up a strong band of very loyal supporters.
The Festival features both indoor and outdoor concerts. Indoors at the Guiting Power Village Hall, Church Lane, Guiting Power, Gloucs, GL54 5TX, and the two Sunday outdoor concerts on the playing field behind the Village Hall. Free parking is available in the adjacent field. Bring your own seating and if you wish, a gazebo.
Many bring picnics to these two Sundays but there is also delicious food for sale as well as tea and coffee in the village hall. The bar will be open for all Festival concerts.
The Festival line up consists of:
- Stacey Kent, Jazz Vocalist
- The AKA Trio
– Open Air Jazz Concert - Selmer #607 & The Seddon Deadly Sins
- Laura Melda, Piano
- Marici Saxes
- R Wallfisch, cello and J. York, piano
- Xuefei Yang, classical guitar
- Joanna MacGregor and The Albion Quartet
- Joanna MacGregor, piano
- Open Air Blues Concert – Dani Wilde, Ian Parker, Babajack Steger
For full details go to www.guitingfestival.org
Sorry, this event has passed.