AboutBroadway Tower – Cotswolds’ Highest Castle
A visit to Broadway Tower offers interest for everyone.
- A journey into the past to discover the history of the Tower and some of its notable residents.
- A warm welcome in the Morris & Brown café and shop
- A chance to learn about the Cold War and explore our Nuclear Bunker (weekends from Easter)
- Red deer park
- Stunning views from one of England’s favourite viewpoints.
An iconic landmark, on top of the beautiful Cotswolds escarpment, Broadway Tower has enjoyed a colourful history since its conception by Capability Brown over 200 years ago. An eccentric mix of architectural styles the Tower has been home to the renowned printing press of Sir Thomas Phillips, country retreat for the Pre-Raphaelite artists William Morris, Burne-Jones and Rossetti as well as a farmhouse. Visitors can relive its history on three museum floors before climbing the rooftop-viewing platform from which up to 16 counties can be seen.
Nuclear Bunker Tours
Close by is our nuclear bunker built to record nuclear activity during the Cold War and remaining “secret” until its decommissioning in 1991. Today the bunker is presented as it was during service when crewed by the Royal Observer Corps.
Open at weekends for guided tours only.
Morris and Brown Café and Shop
Our contemporary café, serving delicious food, is an ideal place to relax with friends or after an exhaustive walk /cycle. Maybe you fancy one of our hazelnut hot chocolates in front of the log fire or a chilled white wine on the terrace.
Before you leave take time to visit the shop for inspirational gift ideas. From handbags and scarves, jam spoons to jewellery, pictures and cards – you will find something for every occasion.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Bunker Admission||£4.00 per ticket|
|Adult - Tower Admission||£4.50 per ticket|
|Child 4-11 years - Tower Admission||£2.50 per ticket|
|Concession - Tower Admission||£4.00 per ticket|
|Family 2+2 - Tower Admission||£12.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Groups Accepted
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - In Rookery Tea Rooms
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Approx length of visit - 1 hour
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 120
- Min group size - 12
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Event venue
- Open all year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
|Opening (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:30||- 17:00*|
* Opening times may vary in inclement weather. Contact Tower Shop for current opening status on 01386 852390.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
Map & Directions
Turn off A44 1 mile SE of Broadway, follow brown tourism signs.