The Museum in the Park is set in the beautiful grounds of Stratford Park. Our collection tells the story of the Stroud Valleys and the wider district, giving you the chance to find out about the people who lived and worked here, from the earliest settlers through to the present day.
Explore over 4,000 objects on display, from dinosaur bones to the world’s first lawnmower! Every one of them has a fascinating story to tell.
The Museum displays are complemented by a varied programme of exhibitions and events.
Also on offer...
Free family quiz trails
Group visits (pre-booked)
Talks, walks and workshops
Holiday activities for families
Object enquiry service (by appointment)
Coffee, tea, cakes and ice cream
For more on the wider park visit: www.museuminthepark.org.uk/stratford_park/
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Induction loops
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Picnic Site
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Indoor Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- Parking (free)
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.Groups are encouraged to book visits in the morning before published opening times.
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 30 Nov 2019)|
|Tuesday - Friday||10:00||- 16:30|
|Saturday - Sunday||11:00||- 16:30|
|Bank Holiday||11:00||- 16:30|
* Closed in December for conservation work – open for special events only
Open New Year’s Day 11am – 4pm
Open Good Friday
Nearest major road is M5. Follow signs to town centre. We are within easy walking distance of the centre, look for the old Mansion House in Stratford Park next door to Stratford Park Leisure Centre.
Public Transport Directions
We are within easy walkiang distance of Stroud railway station, bus station and town centre. Look for the old Mansion House in Stratford Park next door to Stratford Park Leisure Centre.