The 56 acre arboretum at Batsford is situated just a mile west of the historic market town of Moreton-in-Marsh in the heart of the Cotswolds.
A former home to the famous Mitford family, interest in the arboretum begins in late winter when the snowdrops, aconites and early flowering daffodils spring into life, followed by magnolias, hellebores, fritillaries and the beautiful Japanese ornamental cherries – stars of the show from late March until mid April. The handkerchief tree is another show-stopper in May, as are the beautiful wildflower meadows which bloom in high summer.
Don’t miss nature’s natural fireworks spectacular in autumn as the Japanese maples give the performance of their lives, with colours ranging from butter gold to bright reds and salmon pinks. Whatever time of year you visit, the plant centre and garden shop offer a wide range of beautiful plants and gardening sundries and there’s a range of unique gifts available in the Arboretum shop too.
The Applestore is an Aladdin’s Cave of vintage and shabby chic interiors and gifts – the perfect place to pick up something unique.
The Garden Terrace Café offers home-baked food prepared daily using locally-sourced food wherever possible and a fantastic array of cakes and pastries to tempt you too. Choose from a selection of meat, fish or vegetarian dishes daily as well as sandwiches and soup.
The Cotswold Falconry Centre is next to Batsford Arboretum and is a great treat for kids who’re able to watch the birds being flown daily and find out all about the successful breeding programme. The visitor centre at Batsford Arboretum is a triumph of sustainable architecture, whilst meeting the needs of the 21st century. The beautiful wooden building is made from sustainably grown and FSC sourced timber with a low profile roof to minimise its visual impact on the landscape and reduce energy consumption. A ground source heat pump provides under floor heating in winter and as grey water is recycled to supply the plant centre. Most interestingly, natural sheeps wool from rare breed British flocks has been used to insulate the whole building.
Coach parties welcome and special rates available. Meet and greet service for coaches when available and driver meal incentive.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.95 per ticket|
|Child 4 - 15||£3.50 per ticket|
|Concession||£6.95 per ticket|
|Family - 2 adults & 2 children||£19.95 per ticket|
Ticket prices include 10% voluntary Gift Aid Donation
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Dog friendly
- Gift Shop
- Dogs on Lead Only
- Garden Centre
- Plant Sales
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.Groups must book during normal opening hours only.
- Film or TV location - Featured on BBC Gardener's World and BBC Countryfile
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- On-Site café/restaurant - Tearoom serving tea, coffee and light lunches.
- Picnic Site
- Approx length of visit
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 9999
- Min group size - 20
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Available for wedding receptions - Area available for erecting a marquee. Arboretum available for blessings and photographs.
- Cater for groups
- Coach drop-off point
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Free car parking
- On-site coach parking
- On-site parking or valet parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Open all year
- Picnic Area
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - Group admission rate for groups of 20+
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2017 Opening (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Open every day except Christmas Day. The Arboretum may be closed when experiencing high winds, please check before travelling.
Map & Directions
Situated 1 mile outside Moreton in Marsh on the A44 Moreton to Evesham road.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Moreton-in-Marsh. Buses from Moreton High Street take you to the bottom of a ¾ mile drive. Alternatively, a footpath (The Wardens Way) from Moreton in Marsh to the Arboretum takes 40 minutes to walk.