Broadway Tower – Cotswolds’ highest castle
A visit to Broadway Tower offers interest for everyone.
- A journey into the past to discover the history of the Tower and some of its notable residents
- A warm welcome in the Morris & Brown café and shop
- Discover, experience and unwind at Tower Barn, a stylish visitor centre, with focus on living life to the full
- A chance to learn about the Cold War and explore our Nuclear Bunker (weekends only from April to October)
- Red deer park
- Stunning views from one of England’s favourite viewpoints
An iconic landmark, on top of the beautiful Cotswolds escarpment, Broadway Tower has enjoyed a colourful history since its conception by Capability Brown over 200 years ago. An eccentric mix of architectural styles the Tower has been home to the renowned printing press of Sir Thomas Phillips, country retreat for the Pre-Raphaelite artists William Morris, Burne-Jones and Rossetti, as well as a farmhouse. Visitors can relive its history on three museum floors before climbing the rooftop-viewing platform from which up to 16 counties can be seen.
Nuclear Bunker Tours
Close by is our nuclear bunker built to record nuclear activity during the Cold War and remaining “secret” until its decommissioning in 1991. Today the bunker is presented as it was during service when crewed by the Royal Observer Corps.
Open at weekends from April to October for guided tours only.
Morris and Brown Café and Shop
Our contemporary café, serving delicious food, is an ideal place to relax with friends or after an exhaustive walk /cycle. Maybe you fancy one of our hazelnut hot chocolates in front of the log fire or a chilled white wine on the terrace.
Before you leave take time to visit the shop for inspirational gift ideas. From handbags and scarves, to jewellery, pictures and cards – you will find something for every occasion.
Discover, experience and unwind at the prosecco / espresso bar, get stuck into the magical countryside on one of our premium e-bikes or learn a new skill with our programme of workshops and events. Our team bring you the latest in interiors and clothing. We only stock exceptional items that capture our passion for vision and design.
Tower Bikes at Tower Barn
Our innovative e-bikes made by our e-biking partner ‘Moustache’ are available to be hired from the Tower Barn. Plan a tour of the area or simply go for a short exploration. E-bikes can be hired for an hour or for a day. Our team are here to help with guidance and an introduction to e-biking.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Bunker Admission||£4.50 per ticket|
|Adult - Tower Admission||£5.00 per ticket|
|Child 6-16 years - Tower Admission||£3.00 per ticket|
|Concession - Tower Admission||£4.50 per ticket|
|Family 2+2 - Tower Admission||£14.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - in Morris & Brown Cafe
- Event venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 1 hour
- In countryside
- Max group size - 120
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Min group size - 12
- Special group rates
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
|Opening (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00*|
* Morris & Brown Cafe open 9am - 5pm daily; Tower open 10am - 5pm daily; Tower Barn open 9.30am - 5pm daily; Bunker open weekends April to October.
Open every day with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Opening times may vary in inclement weather. Contact Tower Shop for current opening status on 01386 852390.
Turn off A44 1 mile SE of Broadway, follow brown tourism signs.