The Garden at Miserden is currently closed for the autumn and winter season. The Garden Cafe and Catering Wagon are both closed over this period too. We look forward to re-opening in spring 2022. www.miserden.org
Miserden is a family-run, rural estate overlooking the Golden Valley in an area of outstanding natural beauty in the Cotswolds. The estate encompasses 850 acres of woodland, farmland and gardens providing a sanctuary for wildlife and a tranquil escape for visitors.
The Garden at Miserden, winner of the Historic Houses Garden of the Year Award 2018, is a lovely, timeless walled garden with spectacular views over a deer park and rolling Cotswold hills beyond. The garden was designed in the 17th century and still retains a wonderful sense of peace and tranquillity. There are extensive yew hedges, including a notable topiary yew walk designed by the architect Sir Edwin Lutyens who also designed a wing of Miserden Park. The Park was built in 1620 and although the house is not open to the public, it provides a wonderful backdrop to the garden especially when covered in Wisteria in the Spring.
The Garden is well known for its magnificent mixed borders, amongst the longest in private ownership. They contain a wonderful wide range of roses, clematis, shrubs and herbaceous plants that provide colour right through from spring to autumn.
Other magical features of this garden which has spanned generations include a unique Sycamore tree that has grown through a Cotswold stone wall, grass steps, an ancient mulberry tree planted in 1620 and a rill with fountain and stone summerhouse, built to commemorate the Millennium. The Garden at Miserden is a hidden gem in the very heart of the Cotswolds.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- No Dogs - No dogs in the garden, but allowed on a lead in the nursery and the café.
- Plant Sales
- On-Site café/restaurant
- 2m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking only
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
- Groups Accepted - Please book group visits in advance by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01285 821 303.
* The Garden at Miserden is currently closed for the autumn and winter season. The Garden Cafe and Catering Wagon are both closed over this period too. We look forward to re-opening in spring 2022. www.miserden.org