New Brewery Arts is the home of craft and making in the heart of the Cotswolds,
Covid-19 update: Barrel Store accommodation and the exhibitions will be open from 1st August 2020. The shop and craft studios are now open again. Please note the new opening times. Tuesday - Saturday 9.30am to 5pm. Closed for lunch 1.45 - 2.15pm.
With galleries, makers’ studios, café and shop, and an extensive programme of courses and workshops (over 200 each year) it is the place to explore craft and creativity, and to see unique items created by extraordinary craftspeople.
New Brewery Arts has transformed the former Cotswold stone barrel warehouse into a ‘boutique hostel’ The Barrel Store. Stylish and brilliantly-located, The Barrel Store is clean and comfortable, with hand crafted details that make it feel more like a chic hotel – without the price tag. Each of the 14 rooms is tastefully furnished with unique design elements by some of the best independent craft-makers in the UK.
As well as being a perfect location for exploring Cirencester and the Cotswolds, an area of outstanding natural beauty, The Barrel Store is also a great base for those coming to New Brewery Arts to take part in the hundreds of workshops they offer each year, so why not make a short break of it. New Brewery Arts work with great tutors, each a professional maker in their own right, to lead inspirational classes and workshops in a vast array of crafts, including pottery, willow weaving, textiles, painting and drawing and stone-carving.
With a mix of single, double, and family rooms, (most en-suite), The Barrel Store also has a self-catering kitchen/lounge area. For those who don’t want to self-cater New Brewery Arts’ Café serves great coffee and a delicious lunch menu and Cirencester’s many pubs and restaurants are just on the doorstep. What’s more with space for up to 44 guests The Barrel Store is available for exclusive hire – perfect for large get-togethers and special occasions.
Rooms sleep one to four with facilities. Disabled suit available.
Prices from £25 per room per night
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Additional meal details - Guests receive a 10% discount in the adjoining New Brewery Arts Cafe
- Cooking facilities for guests' use - There is a small self catering kitchen area for light meals, drinks and breakfast.
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children - Baby changing facilities and toys available in the adjoining cafe.
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless payment only
- One way system
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Drying Facilities - Tumble drier.
- Exclusive Use
- Family Friendly
- Ironing facilities
- Launderette - £5 per wash.
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - One shared, most rooms en suite.
- Open All Year
- Accessible Rooms
- In town/city centre
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Activity breaks - part of New Brewery Arts, a centre for contemporary craft with a workshops all year.
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - built to passivhaus (Passive House) standards
- Special provisions for cyclists - five bicycle lockers available
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|