Draped in ancient wisteria and full of historical charm, The Bay Tree Hotel is a beautiful Cotswold stone building that dates back to the 1500’s. Many of the wonderful original features still remain - think wooden beams, flagstone floors, open log fireplaces and a galleried staircase. Over the last couple of years, a full refurbishment has taken place adding a stylish, contemporary twist to the whole hotel.
Part of the Cotswold Inns and Hotels collection; The Bay Tree Hotel boasts 21 effortlessly stylish bedrooms, each one individually designed by Pamela Horton to make the most of their unique features and quaint ‘higgledy piggledy’ layout, plus a bar, library and rosette-awarded restaurant.
The Bay Tree is situated on Sheep Street; a quaint side street in the quintessentially English town of Burford, just a short walk from the main High Street. The grassy banks of Sheep Street were once used to pen the lambs for sale in the town’s famous market and inspired the name of our ‘Woolsack Bar’, which is loved by guests and locals alike for a spot of lunch or a few tipples!
The garden is surprisingly large for such a central location, and is home to an elegant Summer House (licensed for weddings), a lovely terrace, quirky deckchairs and immaculate lawns – perfect for croquet!
Whether you’re retreating for a weekend getaway, here for the races, celebrating your big day, or dining out with friends – you’re all more than welcome at The Bay Tree Hotel, and you can even bring your four-legged-friend along with you too!
- 4 AA Stars
- 4 Visit England Stars Hotel
- AA Awards AA - 1 Rosette 2018
- AA Awards AA Breakfast Award 2018
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Pets accepted - £20 per night (plus £10 for any additional dogs) Dogs are welcome in selected bedrooms in addition to the Woolsack Bar, library and large garden and terrace. • Water bowl and dog beds provided, food/treats available. • Maps/leaflets on local walks suitable for dogs.
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Country house
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Other sporting facilities - Croquet lawn & equipment
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Off A40 between Oxford and Cheltenham. From Stow-on-the-Wold - Take the A429 sp. Cirencester. In ¾ mile turn left on A424 sp. Burford. Continue for 9 miles to Burford. About half way up the High Street turn right into Sheep Street. Accm. is on the right in 100 yards
Public Transport Directions
Bus from Oxford/Cheltenham. Train - Charlbury (7 miles).