Central to the natural beauty of the Cotswolds, the Lygon Arms hotel rests tranquilly behind an entrance draped with wisteria. The exquisite furnishings and antiques are placed into rooms distinguished by historical period. The pampering beauty rooms, stately swimming pool and dignified decor accompanied by an award-winning on-site restaurant will fulfil the wishes of any sophisticated traveller.
Covid-19 update: The Lygon Wine Bar and Spa will not re-open until further notice. Valet parking for the hotel is not available. The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice. Luggage handling will be modified to promote the safety of our guests and team members. Housekeeping will be available on request only, guests to vacate the room and ventilate prior to housekeeping staff entering.
The Lygon Arms has hosted many distinguished guests over its storied history and boasts one of the most glamorous guest books in the world from historic figures like Oliver Cromwell to movie stars Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor to Royalty, Prince Phillip.
86 luxurious rooms feature a mix of traditional and contemporary decor, and all have Wi-Fi, some have oak-beamed ceilings and fireplaces, some rooms also have four poster beds.
Dining options include the Lygon Bar & Grill, a cocktail bar, seven lounges and The Cotswold Garden will offer relaxing Picnic Hampers, a Refreshment Shed, and Gin and Tonic Garden.
Top your stay off with a stroll through the neighbouring surroundings for a complete experience. The central location within scenic Broadway is a favourite, with enchanting shops & distinctive cafes. Stroll outside the front door to explore the Cotswolds and venture three miles to Broadway Tower and Snowshill Manor. The grand Sudeley Castle stands eight miles away.
The Lygon Arms has 86 rooms and suites, some dating back to 1532. Half of the bedrooms are situated in the original buildings, and half are located in the award-winning Garden and Orchard wings. Every room and suite at the Inn have its own distinct character, individually decorated and furnished in traditional country-house style, many with fine antiques, but combined with modern features, Crave in-room tablets and coffee stations.
- 4 AA Stars Hotel
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Room service
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless payment only
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (provided)
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Meal times must be booked
- One way system
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Room service available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Temperature checks for visitors
- Dogs Accepted
- Exclusive Use
- Family Friendly
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gym and Leisure facilities
- Night porter
- Pets accepted - £25 per dog. • Dogs are allowed in all outdoor areas, the bar and in 30 bedrooms. • Water bowls, dog beds, dog shower and treats available. • Maps/leaflets on local dog walks available.
- Real log/coal fires
- Spa Facilities
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - You can stay in the suite that Oliver Cromwell stayed in the night before the Battle of Worcester (1651), see John Travis’ name on the arch of the front door, etched into the hotel’s history in 1620. The Lygon Arms has roots reaching right into the 1300s.
- Village Location
- Cycle hire
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Indoor pool
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Digital TV
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|