Originally built in 975 AD the Porch House is reputed to be England's oldest inn and many of the original features can be seen today in the beautifully presented public areas. The inn was sympathetically refurbished in 2013 and has thirteen individually styled bedrooms. All are equipped to a high standard and WiFi is available throughout. Guests have a choice of cosy authentic bars, with exposed stonewalls and log fires, for casual dining. The award-winning restaurant is very well appointed and the unmissable breakfast features lots of local produce.
We have thirteen rooms available with single, twin and double occupancy.
Our menus are about simple yet robust cooking using the best locally sourced ingredients where possible.
Previously two buildings, there's plenty of choice for where to sit to enjoy your meal. You can dine in the conservatory, bar area, dining room, or garden. Come in, have a wander round, and choose a table that suits.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Features Room||from £159.00 to £219.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Room||from £99.00 to £129.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Room||from £129.00 to £159.00 per room (breakfast included)|
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- AA Awards AA - 1 Rosette 2018
- AA Awards AA Breakfast Award 2017
- Room service - - pre-breakfast tea and toast and preferred newspapers brought to guests in the morning
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Pets accepted - - additional charge of £10 a night
- Real log/coal fires
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Britain’s oldest Inn with parts dating from 947AD
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - Nespesso coffee makers in all bedrooms
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
|2021 - Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|