The Model Village in Bourton on the Water is the only grade II listed model village in the country.
During the current pandemic, the Model Village toilets are closed and changes have been made to the entry and exit. Card payment only please.
This wonderful model of the actual village built of Cotswold stone to one-ninth scale opened in 1937.
The river Windrush flows under Bourton's famous bridges providing a beautiful backdrop to the miniature beeches, cherries and chestnut trees. You'll also hear music in the tiny model church and can wander the lanes peering into all the different buildings.
Due to narrow paths and steps there is limited access for wheelchairs, and pushchairs, walking frames, rollators and mobility scooters will not be able to access the Model Village.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£4.50 per ticket|
|Child (Aged 3-13 years)||£3.50 per ticket|
|Senior||£4.00 per ticket|
As from our re-opening date of 4th July 2020, tickets may be purchased using payment cards ONLY. Contactless preferred, but we will sadly not be accepting cash payments.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- One way system
- Open now
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Open All Year
- Approx length of visit - 00:30
- No Smoking Attraction
- Village Location
- Delta accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
|Open daily (except Christmas Day) (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Open 10am to 6pm during British Summer Time; 10am to 4pm in Winter
Nearest major road is M5. Follow signs for A40 Cheltenham from jct 11 and from jct 11a take the A417, then the A436 to Bourton. Located in the centre of Bourton-on-the-Water.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station is Moreton-in-Marsh. Local bus service or taxi.