- Arrival Date:
- Fri , 15th Nov 2019
- Departure Date:
- Sat , 16th Nov 2019
- No. of Nights:
Thyme is nestled in the heart of the Cotswold village of Southrop. An enclosed collection of restored 17th century farm buildings, houses and cottages. Collectively, they form a peaceful hamlet environment and evoke a ‘village within a village’, epitomising the natural beauty of the surrounding area. Over the past fifteen years, Caryn Hibbert has ensured that Thyme has evolved organically with an understanding that conservation is about sustainability - not only preserving the past but more importantly, securing the future.
Thyme comprises 31 Bedrooms (including five new contemporary rooms opening in 2019):
o Farmhouse - Eight double rooms with ensuite bathrooms
o The Lodge - Nine double rooms/suites with ensuite bathrooms
o The Dairy & Ox Houses - Three cottage suites, sleeping two each. All feature an ensuite bathroom and double bedroom. The Dairy also features a wood burning stove.
o The Tallet - Four double bedrooms (three ensuite), sleeping up to eight. It features a large open-plan living space, fully equipped kitchen, bar, 42” TV, underfloor heating and wood burning stove. It also includes a dining area, seating up to 14 people and a private courtyard garden.
o Old Walls Cottage - Two double bedrooms and one room on the landing, which can accommodate two single beds for children (sleeping up to four adults and two children). This cottage features two bathrooms, a kitchen, conservatory, sitting room and large south-facing garden. It is situated a stone’s throw away from Thyme in the heart of the village. This is the only accommodation at Thyme that caters for children under 12 years and dogs.
Meadow Spa ... nurturing peacefulness, stillness and beauty from within, the botanical spa is an idyllic haven of peace and tranquillity. Guests are welcomed into the Greenhouse reception & water bar before being shown through to the Meadow Cottage for a bespoke menu of Thyme treatments in partnership with award-winning, natural British brand, Aurelia Probiotic Skincare. The spa also encompasses a pure water swimming pool and a hot spring water tub, as well as a yoga and pilates studio, tennis court and a range of country pursuits including local walking and cycling routes.
The Swan at Southrop - Thyme's award-winning village pub, The Swan sits at the heart of the village. Recently refurbished, it enjoys low ceiling cottage areas, sofas for cosy feasting, the Old Bar for simple merry-making and ‘bar bites’ and a spacious garden room which opens onto two walled courtyard gardens for lazy, long summer lunches. Celebrating the ingredients and flavours of Thyme's farm and the Cotswold larder on the doorstep..
Newly opened, Thyme's Ox Barn restaurant is rooted in a passion for the local land, food and entertaining, the carefully curated menus are farm-based and plant-inspired. The nineteenth century former oxen house with soaring archways and original Cotswold stone rubble walls, now houses a modern, dining destination - including a contemporary bar and open kitchen.
The highly acclaimed Cookery School at Thyme is designed to tell the complete story of food. Here, aspiring chefs or passionate home cooks will learn about seasonality, working with produce picked from Thyme’s farm and kitchen gardens, before heading back to the Bulthaup kitchens to cook with Thyme’s culinary experts. Their flagship class ‘The Instinctive Cook’ takes guests to the heart of their food philosophy. Sustainable foraging classes are also on offer as well as world food classes and bread making.
Rooms and suites from £285 per room per night
- Bar - The Baa - situated in the old lambing sheds and drawing inspiration from the farm’s two flocks of rare breed sheep, the bespoke ‘sheep seats’ characterise this space. Bartenders create homemade cordials, shrubs and infusions which together with fresh flowers and herbs from the garden, create a cocktail menu that tells the story of the land.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Private Chef
- Serve breakfast - Residents only - breakfast is served in the Ox Barn restaurant.
- Serve evening meal - Dine in our new restaurant the Ox barn or at our village pub, The Swan at Southrop.
- Serve lunch - Dine in our new restaurant the Ox barn or at our village pub, The Swan at Southrop … or in the warmer months, let us organise a picnic for you.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Thyme accepts children over the age of 12, with the exception of our village cottage Old Walls that welcomes families and dogs, The Swan at Southrop which is child-friendly and lunch service in the Ox Barn.
- Exclusive Use
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Six-time Chelsea Flower Show gold medalist, Bunny Guinness helped Caryn to create a series of classic country house gardens that not only frame the barns, houses and cottages creating delightful spaces in which to relax, but also working gardens and orchards on the farm that supply flowers for the house, food for the kitchen, and herbs for the spa. Our cottages, Old Walls & The Tallet have private gardens, Hotel rooms English Rose & Hollyhock have private gardens, as do the new contemporary Garden rooms opening in 2019.
- Night porter
- Pets accepted - Old Walls Cottage & The Swan at Southrop only.
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge - Fifi's room in the Farmhouse at Thyme is the perfect place to curl up in front of one of the two fireplaces in winter … or enjoy the view of the garden in summer. Alternatively, enjoy teas & coffees or cocktails in The Baa bar.
- Farm - 150 acres of farmland, meadows and fully productive kitchen garden,
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Village Location
- Cycle hire - Bicycles are available for gust use free of charge.
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Meadow Spa at Thyme
- Spa Treatments
- Swimming pool - Spring water swimming pool - chemical free.
- Tennis court
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|