Tel: 01367 850174
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 23rd Mar 2023
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 24th Mar 2023
- No. of Nights:
A Village within A Village - Thyme
Thyme is an English country destination, nestled in the heart of the Cotswold village of Southrop.
An enclosed collection of restored historic buildings form a peaceful hamlet environment, a ‘village within a village,’ that epitomises the understated and natural beauty of the surrounding area. A sustainable ethos is rooted in the kitchen garden & farm, ensuring a gentle footprint in the local and global landscape. We offer hotel rooms, cottages, cookery school classes, shop, Meadow Spa, Tithe barn dining for celebrations & corporate events, cocktail bar, restaurant, village pub and gardens.
Thyme is a place to stay or to spend the day.
Located on the Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire border, less than two hours from central London, around an hour from Heathrow airport and 35 minutes from Oxford, Thyme is a haven of restorative calm.
Southrop Manor has been the Hibbert family home since 2002. Together with Caryn’s parents, the family has conscientiously reignited ‘a love of the land’, bringing new life to both the farm and its buildings.
We are proud to be honoured in the SRA’s Food Made Good 20 Most Sustainable Businesses 2019.
All our bedrooms are completely individual, and categorised into to Cosy, Elegant & Divine Rooms
Rooms in the Lodge have their own unique character including a vintage Hollywood-styled room, complete with home cinema. Private access to the lawn with the iconic Cedar of Lebanon & fields beyond.
The Farmhouse, sits within its own English country garden featuring a traditional boules court. Inside, guests relax in the drawing room or for private events enjoy exclusive use of the house’s kitchen & dining room.
The Courtyard includes the Ox Houses, the Dairy & the Tallet, a four bedroom cottage: 17th century farm buildings that have been luxuriously renovated.
The landscaped Ox Barn terrace houses five contemporary Garden Rooms, each with a private garden.
To complete the collection, we have Old Walls; a delightful, self-contained Cotswold stone cottage in the heart of the village.
All hotel bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms, some with roll-top baths in the rooms. Supremely comfortable mattresses & beautiful linen; tea & coffee making facilities; television; free Wifi; complimentary newspapers; bathrobes; True Grace toiletries.
Rooms and suites from £285 per room per night
- AA Awards AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
- Bar - The Baa - situated in the old lambing sheds and drawing inspiration from the farm’s two flocks of rare breed sheep, the bespoke ‘sheep seats’ characterise this space. Bartenders create homemade cordials, shrubs and infusions which together with fresh flowers and herbs from the garden, create a cocktail menu that tells the story of the land.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Private Chef
- Serve breakfast - Residents only - breakfast is served in the Ox Barn restaurant.
- Serve evening meal - Dine in our new restaurant the Ox barn or at our village pub, The Swan at Southrop.
- Serve lunch - Dine in our new restaurant the Ox barn or at our village pub, The Swan at Southrop … or in the warmer months, let us organise a picnic for you.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Thyme accepts children over the age of 12, with the exception of our village cottage Old Walls that welcomes families and dogs, The Swan at Southrop which is child-friendly and lunch service in the Ox Barn.
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless payment only
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Meal times must be booked
- One way system
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Exclusive Use
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Six-time Chelsea Flower Show gold medalist, Bunny Guinness helped Caryn to create a series of classic country house gardens that not only frame the barns, houses and cottages creating delightful spaces in which to relax, but also working gardens and orchards on the farm that supply flowers for the house, food for the kitchen, and herbs for the spa. Our cottages, Old Walls & The Tallet have private gardens, Hotel rooms English Rose & Hollyhock have private gardens, as do the new contemporary Garden rooms opening in 2019.
- Night porter
- Pets accepted - Old Walls Cottage & The Swan at Southrop only.
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge - Fifi's room in the Farmhouse at Thyme is the perfect place to curl up in front of one of the two fireplaces in winter … or enjoy the view of the garden in summer. Alternatively, enjoy teas & coffees or cocktails in The Baa bar.
- Farm - 150 acres of farmland, meadows and fully productive kitchen garden,
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Village Location
- Cycle hire - Bicycles are available for gust use free of charge.
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Meadow Spa at Thyme
- Spa Treatments
- Swimming pool - Spring water swimming pool - chemical free.
- Tennis court
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
|Open (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
Tripadvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good34