Built in 1637, this stunning pub was once frequented by Winston Churchill when he lived round the corner in Blenheim Palace.
Now a favourite haunt for Cotswold foodies, it's featured in the Top 50 UK Gastropubs, has two AA Rosettes and a new tasting menu to boot!
It's the perfect spot for staycationing, set in beautiful countryside but near Oxford, Blenheim Palace and Cotswold villages for perfect days out.
There's a lovely beer garden for summer cocktails and cosy intimate rooms with roaring fires in the Winter.
There are many dining spaces which offer special intimate romantic spots of private areas great for family and group gatherings.
Fiercely independent, we offer wild and organic food wherever possible and forage ingredients for some of our dishes with everything homemade.
Try the 7 course tasting menu with wine pairing for a fabulous night of foodie indulgence.
Then relax in one of our eight bedrooms - some have rolltop baths and vaulted ceilings and two of the ground floor rooms are dog friendly.
The pub is owned by the Alexanders who brought their head chef from their old pub, The Ebrington Arms - No 1 UK Pub (Times) and No 1 UK Food Pub (Telegraph) so if you want a pub with gorgeous rooms and truly great food & hospitality, there's no better place for a Cotswold getaway.
- AA Awards AA - 2 Rosettes - Culinary Excellence - 2021 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Guide dogs permitted
- Steps to main entrance
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Take away service
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Al Fresco Dining
- Booking required
- Cater for special dietary requirements
- Coach drop-off point
- Conference facilities
- Dog Friendly
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups accepted
- Locally-sourced produce
- On-site car parking
- On-site coach parking
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Private rooms
- Real log/coal fires
- In countryside
- Unique venue
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Visa accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Wednesday - Sunday||Open|
* The only day we do not do food service is Christmas Day itself, when we usually open between 12-2pm for drinks only.