The 56 acre arboretum at Batsford is situated just a mile west of the historic market town of Moreton in Marsh in the heart of the Cotswolds.
A former home to the famous Mitford family, interest in the arboretum begins in late winter when the snowdrops, aconites and early flowering daffodils spring into life, followed by magnolias, hellebores, fritillaries and the beautiful Japanese ornamental cherries – stars of the show from late March until mid April. The handkerchief tree is another show-stopper in May, as are the beautiful wildflower meadows which bloom in high summer.
Don’t miss nature’s natural fireworks spectacular in autumn as the Japanese maples give the performance of their lives, with colours ranging from butter gold to bright reds and salmon pinks. Whatever time of year you visit, the plant centre and garden shop offer a wide range of beautiful plants and gardening sundries and there’s a range of unique gifts available in the Arboretum shop too.
The Cotswold Falconry Centre is next to Batsford Arboretum and is a great treat for kids who’re able to watch the birds being flown daily and find out all about the successful breeding programme. The visitor centre at Batsford Arboretum is a triumph of sustainable architecture, whilst meeting the needs of the 21st century. The beautiful wooden building is made from sustainably grown and FSC sourced timber with a low profile roof to minimise its visual impact on the landscape and reduce energy consumption. A ground source heat pump provides under floor heating in winter and as grey water is recycled to supply the plant centre. Most interestingly, natural sheeps wool from rare breed British flocks has been used to insulate the whole building.
Coach parties welcome and special rates available. Meet and greet service for coaches when available and driver meal incentive.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£9.95 per ticket|
|Child 4 - 16 years||£3.50 per ticket|
|Concession||£8.95 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults & 2 children)||£25.00 per ticket|
Ticket prices include 10% voluntary Gift Aid Donation
Under 4s free.
Concessions include 66+, Students (please bring proof) and a carer accompanying a visitor with disabilities
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Assistance Dogs
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
- Easy access from main roads/good public transport links
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- Dogs on Lead Only
- Garden Centre
- Plant Sales
- On-Site café/restaurant - Tearoom serving tea, coffee and light lunches. Vegetarian and vegan options. Children's menu. Cream teas.
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Baby Changing Facilities
- Facilities for children - Outdoor play area and children's Arboretum trail.
- Cater for groups
- Coach drop-off point
- Dog Friendly - Dogs must be kept on a short lead
- Electric Car charging point
- Event venue - See website for forthcoming events
- Free car parking
- Groups Welcome
- On-site coach parking
- On-site parking or valet parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Open All Year
- Outdoor Terrace
- Picnic Area
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 1/2 a day
- Film or TV location - Featured on BBC Gardener's World, BBC Countryfile, BBC Breakfast weather and BBC's Escape to the Country
- In countryside
- Min group size - 20
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- American Express accepted
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Cash accepted
- Contactless payment accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Themed Events
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Groups Welcome
- Min group size numeric qualifier - Group admission rate for groups of 20+
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.Groups must book during normal opening hours only.
|Open New Year|
|2023 Opening (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:30||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Open every day except Christmas Day (limited hours during the festive period - see website for details).
The Arboretum may be closed when experiencing high winds, please check before travelling.
Situated 1 mile outside Moreton in Marsh on the A44 Moreton to Evesham road.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Moreton-in-Marsh. Buses from Moreton High Street take you to the bottom of a ¾ mile drive. Alternatively, a footpath (The Wardens Way) from Moreton in Marsh to the Arboretum takes 40 minutes to walk.