Chedworth Roman Villa was rediscovered by the Victorians over 150 years ago. Leading the way in archaeology and conservation, Chedworth is coming towards the end of an exciting five-year summer excavations programme.
A modern conservation building provides exceptional access to the extensive mosaic floors, hypocaust systems and bathhouse rooms. And a small museum houses a range of finds and artefacts from the villa.
As well as all this, the tranquil setting, idyllic views and rich wildlife haven gives plenty of opportunities for walks, relaxation and reflection.
Maybe treat yourself to something delicious in our café, serving sandwiches, cakes, snacks, hot and cold drinks and ice-cream. Or you can visit our shop which offers Roman-themed souvenirs, books and games, as well as seasonal plants and gifts.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£10.50 per ticket|
|Child||£5.25 per ticket|
|Family||£26.25 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Induction loop
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Braille guide, Audio guide, handling collection.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Free car parking
- On-site coach parking
- Picnic Area
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Must be pre-booked. Minimum 10, maximum 50
|2020 Opening (9 Feb 2020 - 24 Nov 2020)|
* Open daily 10am - 5pm (4pm in March and November)
From M4: Exit junction 15 Swindon for the A419 to Cirencester. Exit at Cirencester and follow A429 for Stow in the Wold. Follow brown signs to villa on A429.From M5: Exit at junction 11a Gloucester. Follow A417 Cirencester. Exit at Cirencester and follow A429 for Stow in the Wold. Follow brown signs to villa on A429.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest stations are Kemble or Cheltenham. No bus service runs to the villa.