The Classic Cotswold Photography Tour is for you if:
* you would like to develop your photography skills during your visit to the Cotswolds (no prior photographic knowledge is required for our tours - we provide as much or as little photography guidance as you would like throughout your tour!)
* you would like to see and photograph some of the iconic villages of the Cotswolds
* you wish to capture images of the Cotswolds that go beyond the usual tourist snaps
* you are looking for a more personalised experience for your Cotswold adventures
* you want flexibility to choose your own tour times and lengths eg to suit particular photographiuc interests
What you can expect from this tour:
* professional and courteous service
* pick up and drop off service from your (north) Cotswold accommodation (as of January 2022 we are delighted to now be able to resume this service again. Covid precautions may still apply eg use of masks and we will always follow the latest government guidance around Covid safety)
* a knowledgeable and experienced guide and photographer
* a chance to visit a selection of the classic Cotswold villages and their surrounding areas
* time to discover places of history and beauty
* opportunity to explore and create unique photographs
* individual attention to help you develop your photography skills
Highlights of the Classic Cotswolds Tour
* photo challenge - capture the river Windrush through Bourton-on-the-Water in a unique way!
* enjoy village hospitality - cream teas, local specialities or a pint at a local pub
* step back in history to the English Civil war as we visit the classic village of Stow-on-the-Wold and photograph the trees that allegedlly inspired Tolkien’s “Lord of the Rings”
* photograph the classic Cotswold stone buildings and market place in Moreton-in-Marsh. If you tour on a Tuesday, spend time exploring the weekly market that happens most Tuesdays
* walk and photograph the beautiful area in, and between, Lower and Upper Slaughter with its superb churches and architectural buildings, the river Eye, and the Victorian waterwheel
PLEASE CONTACT US VIA OUR WEBSITE BEFORE BOOKING TO ENSURE WE HAVE AVAILABILITY FOR YOUR REQUIRED DATE.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Per Person Tours From||£195.00 activity|
Because we run personalised (rather than scheduled) tours, costs vary depending on customer requirements and time of year (we operate peak-season and off-season rates). Peak season runs April 1 to October 31. Peak season, whole day tours start at £195.00 for a single-person and £175 for off-season, both inclusive of transport. We offer substantial multi-person discounted rates for additional people from the same party booking on the same tour. Please see our website for full details.
- TXGB Bookable Product
- Experience level - advanced
- Experience level - beginner - Prior photographic experience is not a requirement on any of our tours! We welcome customers with minimal photographic and camera knowledge / experience all the way up to semi-professional and professional photographers.
- Experience level - intermediate
- First Aid - We hold a basic First Aid at work qualification
- Fitness level required - low - All of our drive-based tours can be done with minimal fitness levels. Walking-based tours require higher fitness levels depending on your exact tour requirements but we personalise all our tours to customers' preferences so that fitness levels are not a barrier.
- Insurance included
- Lessons/courses available - Should you want a greater focus on camera and photographic skills rather than a tour as such then we are very happy to provide a custom made photo course for you in and around the area of your Cotswold accommodation
- Open All Year - We are closed on Christmas day, Boxing day and New Year's day but otherwise operate our tours all year round [photography has no set seasons!]
- Plastic-Free - We are very aware of the environmental impact tourism can have and as such we try to minimise our environmental footprint. We operate a strict "leave no trace" policy on all our tours whether they are drive-based or walking ones. In addition we keep group sizes small to enable the use a small vehicle for our tours and we minimise the use of disposable / non recyclable resources.
- In countryside
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available - We offer substantial multi-person discounts for group bookings on any of our tours. When you enquire about a tour we will request numbers attending and ensure that we provide you with multi-person discounts compared to the single person pricing of the tour. Typically the per-person discount will be between 15% and 30% depending on the number of people booking.
|Open New Year|
|Cotswold Photography Tours - Classic Photography Tour (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||08:00||- 21:00*|
* Cotswold Photography Tours operates tours all year round (with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day). We aim to respond to email and phone contact within 24 hours. Many thanks.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
Public Transport Directions
We offer a pick up and drop-off service for customers who are staying in the north Cotswolds area and in the region in which your tour takes place. Tour costs are inclusive of your transport for the day and we hold full UK driving licences and business indemnity and liability insurance to give you peace of mind throughout your tour.
[CoVid-19 update: As of January 2022 we are pleased to once again be able to offer our pick up / drop off service from your Cotswolds accommodation as part of your tour. Covid precautions may still apply eg wearing of masks. We can advise of the extent of these precautions / restrictions just prior to your tour]