Nature in Art is the world’s first museum and art gallery dedicated to fine, decorative and applied art inspired by nature.
Our unrivalled collection is housed in a fine Georgian mansion, featured in Simon Jenkins’s book ‘England’s 1000 Best Houses’, just outside the famous cathedral city of Gloucester. The collection spans 1,500 years, 600 artists and 50 countries, with work in all mediums and styles.
Please visit our website to view the extensive programme of events and activities that take place throughout the year.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Family 2 Adults 2 Children||£15.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Accept Children over 7
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - We regularly welcome individuals and groups with disabilities. There is ramped access for wheelchair users. Inside there is a lift and level or ramped access to the garden, art studios etc and wheelchair users toilets. Please note that the lift may not be able to accommodate some wheelchairs and the toilets may not be suitable for all wheelchair users. We are addressing this situation at the moment. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require information before you visit. The museum has two wheelchairs for free loan to visitors who might need them (booking in advance is recommended).
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
- Facilities for children - Outdoor playarea, resource room and handling boxes within some of the galleries.
- Conference facilities
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 2 hours
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On Bus Route - Route 71 Gloucester to Tewkesbury
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- All major credit cards accepted
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted
|Open New Year|
|Opening Hours (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Tuesday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Also open Good Friday and Bank Holiday Mondays.
Closed between 24th to 26th of December.
Nature in Art is 2 miles north of Gloucester and can be found on the main A38.The main museum building cannot be seen from the road but the entrance is marked by brown and green signs. Junctions 11 and 11a of the M5 are only 5 minutes drive from the museum.
Public Transport Directions
Buses run to the entrance gate from Gloucester, Cheltenham and Tewkesbury (ask for Orchard Park at Twigworth). There is a half mile walk along the drive to the museum buildings. Gloucester railway and bus stations are 4 miles from the museum. A taxi journey takes less than 10 minutes.