New Brewery Arts is the home of craft and making in the heart of the Cotswolds, with galleries, artists’ studios, café and shop, and guest accommodation, and an extensive programme of courses and workshops (over 200 each year).
Covid-19 update: The Barrel Store accommodation, cafe and the exhibitions will be open from 1st August 2020. The shop and craft studios are now open again. Please note the new opening times. Tuesday - Saturday 9.30am to 5pm. Closed for lunch 1.45 - 2.15pm.
Explore craft and creativity. See unique items created by extraordinary craftspeople. Our studios offer a rare opportunity to meet makers and buy beautifully crafted work direct from independent artists. You can browse an exceptional selection of work by some of the UK’s leading craft makers in our galleries. Our Craft Shop sells beautifully hand-crafted items for the home and individually designed jewellery and textiles.Whether you are a collector of craft, or simply looking to find something truly inspiring, New Brewery is a unique experience.
Make more of your visit to New Brewery Arts by dropping in to our Café, we serve great coffee and a delicious lunch menu, we use local, organic and fairtrade ingredients wherever possible.
You can now make your visit into a holiday and stay with us in our new visitor accommodation. Stylish and affordable, The Barrel Store is not only a great base for our workshops and classes but you can make it a springboard for exploring the Cotswolds, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Free admission to exhibitions, studios and shop.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Accept Children over 7
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - One studio inaccessible
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop available for theatre performances.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - In public car parking
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Delicious lunches cakes and scones all made freshly on the premises along with a variety of fair trade coffees, teas and locally produced juices, beers etc.
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
- Facilities for children - Baby changing facilities and toys available in cafe.
- Capacity limit
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Cater for groups - We can cater for groups with prior notice. Please call our cafe to discuss on 01285 657 181
- Dog Friendly
- Dogs Accepted - Assistance dogs and well behaved dogs welcome
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Free Entry
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - Regular bus 51 from Cheltenham and Swindon. A bus shuttle also operates from Kemble Railway station. There are also buses linking with Stroud, Baunton on the water (North Cotswolds), Lechlade and Fairford
- Parking (charge) - Long Stay Sheep Street car park, - Short Stay and disabled, Brewery car park
- All major credit cards accepted
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - There are 10 on-site maker studios at New Brewery Arts who are open to the public. These include glass blowers, weaver, stained glass artists, potter, textiles design, mixed media artist, jeweller and furniture designer. Opening hours may vary so ring ahead to check.
- Educational Visits Accepted - School and community groups are welcome for pre arranged tours, demonstrations and workshops
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
|March to December (1 Mar 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 17:00*|
|January & February (1 Jan 2022 - 28 Feb 2022)|
Nearest major road is A417/419. In the centre of Cirencester.In town centre, follow brown tourism signs to Sheep Street Long stay car park. Then follow signs on foot
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Kemble.Five minute walk from 51 bus stop ( Cheltenham/Swindon) in market place.