New Brewery Arts
Tel: 01285 657181
New Brewery Arts connects people with the hand-made, promotes the joy and fulfilment of making and celebrates the role of craft and creativity in all our lives.
You can experience the very best of crafts in their free gallery exhibitions, shop – which stocks work by over 500 leading UK makers – or by visiting the craft studios clustered around New Brewery Arts’ courtyard.
New Brewery Arts also offers an exciting programme of over 200 courses and workshops, from pottery to stained glass, drawing to printing and sewing, all of which can be booked in advance online.
With delicious lunches on offer, New Brewery Arts’ café is a hidden gem in the town, and their adjacent accommodation – the Barrel Store – breaks the mould of what you’d expect from a hostel.
With its beautiful craft features throughout, the Barrel Store makes the most of its association with New Brewery Arts next door to create a hostel with a real difference.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Free admission to exhibitions, studios and shop.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Accept Children over 7
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - One studio inaccessible
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop available for theatre performances.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - In public car parking
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Delicious lunches cakes and scones all made freshly on the premises along with a variety of fair trade coffees, teas and locally produced juices, beers etc.
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
- Facilities for children - Baby changing facilities and toys available in cafe.
- Capacity limit
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Cater for groups - We can cater for groups with prior notice. Please call our cafe to discuss on 01285 657 181
- Dog Friendly
- Dogs Accepted - Assistance dogs and well behaved dogs welcome
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Free Entry
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - Regular bus 51 from Cheltenham and Swindon. A bus shuttle also operates from Kemble Railway station. There are also buses linking with Stroud, Baunton on the water (North Cotswolds), Lechlade and Fairford
- Parking (charge) - Long Stay Sheep Street car park, - Short Stay and disabled, Brewery car park
- All major credit cards accepted
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - There are 10 on-site maker studios at New Brewery Arts who are open to the public. These include glass blowers, weaver, stained glass artists, potter, textiles design, mixed media artist, jeweller and furniture designer. Opening hours may vary so ring ahead to check.
- Educational Visits Accepted - School and community groups are welcome for pre arranged tours, demonstrations and workshops
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
|November & December (1 Mar 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Wednesday - Saturday||09:00||- 17:00*|
|January - October (1 Jan 2024 - 28 Feb 2024)|
|Wednesday - Saturday||09:00||- 17:00|
Nearest major road is A417/419. In the centre of Cirencester.In town centre, follow brown tourism signs to Sheep Street Long stay car park. Then follow signs on foot
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Kemble.Five minute walk from 51 bus stop ( Cheltenham/Swindon) in market place.
Tripadvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good39