Snowshill is the unconventional home of the eccentric Charles Wade, who delighted in creating a stage for his life and passions.
With a sense of fun and theatre, Wade took great pleasure in turning his home into a stage for his collection of varied and sometimes unusual finds.
He bought each object because of its colour, craftsmanship and design, restoring the ancient Cotswold manor house to display them.
The garden at Snowshill Manor was designed by Wade and his friend, and prominent Arts and Crafts architect, Mackay Hugh Baillie Scott and the Manor is surrounded by an intriguing terraced hillside garden designed in the Arts & Crafts style.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Garden, Tearoom, Shop||£8.50 per ticket|
|Adult - Manor & Garden||£12.00 per ticket|
|Child - Garden, Tearoom, Shop||£4.25 per ticket|
|Child - Manor & Garden||£6.00 per ticket|
|Family - Garden, Tearoom, Shop||£21.25 per ticket|
|Family - Manor & Garden||£30.00 per ticket|
National Trust members and under 5s go free.
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Braille guide and virtual audio tours.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- No Dogs
- Plant Sales
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- On-site coach parking - Coaches must not exceed 12.5m in length.
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Picnic Area
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Limited motorhome spaces available
- Special group rates - Only if pre-booked
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted - Essential to pre-book by emailing the property direct.
|March to October (14 Mar 2024 - 30 Oct 2024)|
|Monday - Sunday||11:00||- 17:30*|
|November (weekends only) (5 Nov 2024 - 27 Nov 2024)|
|Monday - Friday||Closed*|
|Saturday - Sunday||11:00||- 15:30*|
* Manor house opens half an hour after the gardens and closes an hour before the gardens.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
Nearest major road is A44. Turn from the A44 Broadway By-pass into Broadway Village, Turn uphill to Snowshill.
Public Transport Directions
Bus: Castleways services from Evesham or Cheltenham to Broadway, then 2½ml uphill. Rail: Evesham then bus or Moreton-in-Marsh then taxi.