Snowshill is no ordinary manor, as Charles Paget Wade was no ordinary Edwardian gentleman.
He embodied his family motto 'Let nothing perish', spending his life and inherited wealth amassing a spectacular collection of everyday and extraordinary objects.
Covid-19 update: The Manor, Priest's House, second-hand bookshop, shop and cafe are all currently closed (as of 3rd July 2020) as well as the children's formal play areas. This is being reviewed on a weekly basis so please check the Snowshill Manor website for any updates.
Charles Paget Wade bought each object because of its colour, craftsmanship and design, restoring the ancient Cotswold manor house to display them.
Laid out theatrically, the Manor is literally packed to the rafters with 22,000 or so unusual objects - from tiny toys to splendid suits of Samurai armour.
The Manor is surrounded by an intriguing terraced hillside garden designed in the Arts & Crafts style.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Garden, Tearoom, Shop||£6.80 per ticket|
|Adult - Manor & Garden||£12.00 per ticket|
|Child - Garden, Tearoom, Shop||£3.20 per ticket|
|Child - Manor & Garden||£6.30 per ticket|
|Family - Garden, Tearoom, Shop||£17.00 per ticket|
|Family - Manor & Garden||£30.50 per ticket|
National Trust members and under 5s go free.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Braille guide and audio tours.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- No Dogs
- Plant Sales
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Advance booking essential
- Interactive displays closed
- Online booking only
- Open now
- On-site coach parking
- Max group size - 50
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times - for group visits.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Min group size - 15
- Special group rates - Only if pre-booked
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.By written appointment - Coaches restricted to 3 per week.
|March to November (18 Mar 2020 - 3 Nov 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||11:00||- 17:00*|
|November & December (9 Nov 2020 - 1 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Friday||Closed*|
|Saturday - Sunday||10:30||- 15:30*|
* Manor house opens half an hour after the gardens and closes half an hour before the gardens.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
Nearest major road is A44. Turn from the A44 Broadway By-pass into Broadway Village, Turn uphill to Snowshill.
Public Transport Directions
Bus: Castleways services from Evesham or Cheltenham to Broadway, then 2½ml uphill. Rail: Evesham then bus or Moreton-in-Marsh then taxi.