Located only eight miles from the picturesque Broadway, Sudeley Castle & Gardens is a much-loved family home as well as a popular visitor attraction with award-winning gardens.
Covid-19 update: Open from 11am, not 10am. Last admission is 3pm, not 4pm. Season closes 1 November 2020. Limited food options in cafes, limited seating areas. Tickets booking online only. Some room closures. Cashless payment only.
A must-see on any visit to The Cotswolds, the castle has played an important role in England’s history, boasting royal connections that stretch back over 1,000 years.
Visitors are offered the chance to walk in the footsteps of past kings and queens including Richard III, Elizabeth I and Lady Jane Grey. It is also the only private castle in England to have a queen buried within its grounds.
The last of Henry VIII’s six wives, Katherine Parr lived and died in the castle. She is now entombed in a beautiful 15th century church found within the gardens.
Inside, the castle contains many fascinating treasures including the highly-anticipated ‘20 Treasures of Sudeley’. A collection of artefacts and works of art of great historical importance which include Katherine Parr’s love letters, lacework reputedly made by Anne Boleyn, bed hangings made for Marie Antoinette and Charles I’s personal beer jugs.
Sudeley Castle’s magnificent gardens are world-renowned, providing variety and colour from spring through to autumn. The centrepiece is the Queens Garden, so named because four of England’s queens – Anne Boleyn, Katherine Parr, Lady Jane Grey and Elizabeth I – once admired the hundreds of varieties of roses found in the garden.
A pheasantry, adventure playground with picnic area, gift shop and Terrace Café in the banqueting hall complete the perfect day out.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£17.25 per ticket|
|Children 3-15 years (under 3s free)||£7.95 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 adults and 2 children)||£45.00 per ticket|
Sudeley Castle 12-month memberships available
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- AA Awards AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- No Dogs
- Plant Sales
- On-Site café/restaurant - Licenced restaurant, 80 maximum capacity, open 1030-1700, additional seating on the terrace weather permitting.
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless payment only
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- One way system
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- Approx length of visit - 02:30
- Celebrity connection
- Film or TV location
- In countryside
- Max group size - 100
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 20
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Dutch printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Japanese printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups - Of the interior of the castle only
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals - Of the interior of the castle only
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 15
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
|2021 (10 Feb 2021 - 20 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00*|
* Last admission one hour before closing.
Save by booking 24 hours in advance online (save 20% for visits during 10 February - 29 March and 2 November - 20 December, and 10% on visits during 30 March - 1 November 2020)
Nearest major road is M5. Follow the signs for Winchcombe (approx 12 miles east of M5)and Sudeley Castle will be indicated.
Public Transport Directions
A bus service operates between Winchcombe and Cheltenham or Broadway.