The Cotswold Way National Trail is a walking trail that runs along the length of the Cotswolds, starting in Chipping Campden in the north, and finishing at the front of Bath Abbey in the south.
The trail is 102 miles long and winds through many picturesque villages, such as Snowshill, Cranham & Painswick. The Cotswold Way also passes close to a significant number of historic sites, for example the Roman heritage at Bath, the Neolithic burial chamber at Belas Knap, Sudeley Castle near Winchcombe, Hailes Abbey and many beautiful churches and historic houses.
With stunning views all year round, the trail can be completed in one go (fancy beating Mike Wood's record of 23 hours, 48 minutes and 7 seconds?!) or for those of us who prefer a gentler pace, there are a number of circular walks.
Not just a trail for long distance walkers, these routes have been developed to be easy to follow, whilst still taking in the views from the hill tops, energy of the bustling market towns and the tranquillity of the beautiful Cotswold stone villages.
Each circular route contains details of distance, whether you choose to walk 2 miles, or 22, the Cotswold Way National Trail will give you a chance to experience some of England's most beautiful countryside.
- Accommodation available for visitors with disabilities
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Cater for vegetarians
- Packed lunch available
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Take away service
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accommodation nearby
- Accommodation on site
- Experience level - advanced
- Experience level - beginner
- Experience level - intermediate
- Fitness level required - high
- Fitness level required - low
- Fitness level required - medium
- Public telephone
- Self guided walks/cycle rides
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- On site parking
- Circular Route
- Difficult Route
- Easy Route
- Linear Route
- Moderate Route
|Open New Year|