Woodchester Valley is a family owned boutique vineyard and winery in the South Cotswolds. We have three vineyard sites in the Stroud valleys which produce a range of still white, rose and sparkling wines. They are located in Amberley, Woodchester and Doverow Hill (Stonehouse), with a total of 45 acres under vine.
Guided tours and tastings are available at our Woodchester site on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and include the following:
- An aperitif and introduction to the vineyard on arrival
- A walk through our Woodchester vineyard site, including explanations of the grape varieties grown, and the life cycle of the grapes (weather permitting)
- A tour of our winery, with details of the winemaking process for both still and sparkling wines
- A tutored tasting of a selection of our current wines
- Opportunity to meet our team and ask questions and purchase bottles of wine from our farm shop.
The tours and tastings cost £15 per person and must be pre-booked in advance. Spaces are limited to a maximum of 15 people per group to allow us to make the tour as individual as possible.
Please note that the vineyard is not open to the general public - all visits must be pre-booked. Private groups can also be accommodated.
About our vineyard & winery
We grow a selection of grape varieties, spread across our three vineyards. The three sites have different soil profiles although are all predominantly limestone. Our vines are planted on slopes which are more than gentle but fall short of sheer, facing South, East and South-West.
Our winery was established in 2016 and we make a variety of still and sparkling wines using a selection of our grape varieties. Our sparkling wines are made using the traditional method and have a minimum of 2 years on the lees before they are released.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£15.00 per person per day|
All tours must be booked in advance on our website or in our shop. Unfortunately, no children Under 8 and those aged 8 to 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Free car parking
- Open All Year
- Approx length of visit - 1.5 - 2 hours
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 16
- No Smoking Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Booking essential
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Our 'Tour and Tasting' is available on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays throughout the year. Booking is essential.