Woodchester Valley is a family owned boutique vineyard and winery in the South Cotswolds. We have three vineyard sites in the Stroud valleys which produce a range of still white, rose and sparkling wines. They are located in Amberley, Woodchester and Doverow Hill (Stonehouse), with a total of 45 acres under vine.
Public tours run year round on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays (during the summer months they also run on Thursdays and Sundays) and include the following:
- An aperitif and introduction to the vineyard on arrival
- A walk through our Woodchester vineyard site, including explanations of the grape varieties grown, and the life cycle of the grapes (weather permitting)
- A tour of our winery, with details of the winemaking process for both still and sparkling wines
- A full tutored tasting of 5 of our current wines (4 x still, 1 x sparkling)
- Opportunity to meet our team and ask questions and purchase bottles of wine from our farm shop.
The Classic Tour costs £15 per person, the Sparkling Wine Tour (NEW for Summer 2019) costs £20 per person. Both tours must be pre-booked. Spaces are limited to a maximum of 24 people per group to allow us to make the tour as individual as possible.
Please note that the vineyard is not open to the general public - all visits must be pre-booked. Private groups of eight or more are welcome outside of our public tour times, please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
About our vineyard & winery
We grow a selection of grape varieties, spread across our three vineyards. The three sites have different soil profiles although are all predominantly limestone. Our vines are planted on slopes which are more than gentle but fall short of sheer, facing South, East and South-West.
Our winery was established in 2016 and we make a variety of still and sparkling wines using a selection of our grape varieties. Our sparkling wines are made using the traditional method and have a minimum of 2 years on the lees before they are released.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Classic Tour||£15.00 per ticket|
|Sparkling Wine Tour||£20.00 per ticket|
All tours must be booked in advance on our website or in our shop. Unfortunately our vineyard tours are not suitable for anyone under the age of 18.
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Dog Friendly - Dog walk and wine tasting session one morning a month
- Dogs Accepted - Dog walk and wine tasting session one morning a month
- Free car parking
- Open All Year
- Approx length of visit - 1.5 - 2 hours
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 24
- No Smoking Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Booking essential
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Public tours run year round on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. During the summer, they also run on Thursdays and Sundays