There’s something for everyone at WWT Slimbridge, from birdwatchers to families. With amazing close-up wildlife encounters, fun events and activities it’s no wonder we’re an award-winning day out.
Unlock the secrets of Slimbridge with our new app – Wetland Heroes. Find out more about our amazing wildlife and see how many packs you can discover on your visit. The more you explore Slimbridge, the closer you are to becoming a Wetland Hero.
Splash about at Welly Boot Land or go wild in our Riverlife outdoor play areas. Discover the world of amphibians at Toad Hall or see if you can spot all 6 species of flamingo.
Meet the nene, the world’s rarest goose at our Mission Possible exhibit. Explore a Hawaiian landscape and learn how WWT founder Sir Peter Scott brought this species back from the brink of extinction. Peek behind the scenes of our duckery and find out about the amazing work WWT does around the world to save endangered species from extinction.
Learn all about our marvellous mammals - look out for the secretive water voles and see how many cute Harvest mice you can count. Visit the Arctic Adventure experience and imagine life on the Arctic Tundra, where WWT studies wildlife including Bewick’s swans.
For those who are interesting in getting out to the wild parts of the reserve, take a walk to one of our many bird hides or explore the fully accessible Estuary Tower and take in the stunning sights of the Severn Estuary.
Visit Slimbridge’s website to pre-book your visit and for full details on seasonal activities and events: wwt.org.uk/slimbridge
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|65+, disabled, full-time student no gift aid||£12.27 per ticket|
|65+, disabled, full-time student with gift aid||£13.50 per ticket|
|Adult with Gift Aid||£15.95 per ticket|
|Adult without Gift Aid||£14.50 per ticket|
|Child (4-16 years) with gift aid||£9.25 per ticket|
|Child (4-16 years) without gift aid||£8.40 per ticket|
|Children (under 4 years)||Free|
|Essential helpers assisting disabled visitors||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loops available in cinema and at admissions
- Guide Dogs Permitted - Give prior arrangement
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Restaurant with 140 seats indoors and 70 seats outdoors, picnic area, private rooms available to hire.
- Picnic Site
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless payment only
- Interactive displays closed
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- In countryside
- Max group size - 9999
- Min group size - 10
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
|Open New Year|
|Opening - High Season (1 Apr 2021 - 31 Oct 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:30*|
|Opening - Low Season (1 Nov 2021 - 31 Mar 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:00*|
* November to March last admission 4pm. April to October last admission 4.30pm. Christmas Eve 9.30am - 3pm (last admission 2.30pm). Closed Christmas Day.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
Nearest major road is M5. Follow signs onto A38 and then through to Slimbridge Village. Look out for Duck signs.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Cam/Dursley. Right out of station, right again on main road from Cam. Walk to Slimbridge roundabout, through Slimbridge Village to the Gloucester and Sharpness Canal. The Centre is straight ahead. Look for the 17m Observation Tower.
- Slimbridge video