AboutLocated in a converted fire station in the Chipping, Wotton-under-Edge, the Museum provides visitors with an excellent introduction to this historic wool town and its surrounding area of outstanding natural beauty. With good car parking and facilities for the disabled, the centre also houses a souvenir shop and tourist Information point. Friendly advice is always available concerning places of local interest. Admission is free, but donations to help us with running costs are always welcome. A small fee is charged for the use of the Research Room.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Research Centre||£3.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Open All Year
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- In town/city centre
- No Smoking Attraction
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times - For small group visits
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - By appointment
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - By appointment. Donation requested.
|January to March (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Mar 2020)|
|Monday - Tuesday||10:30||- 15:30*|
|Thursday - Friday||10:30||- 15:30*|
|April to October (1 Apr 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
|Monday - Tuesday||10:00||- 16:00*|
|Thursday - Friday||10:00||- 16:00*|
* Arrangements can be made for using the library on days and at times we are usually closed for a donation by appointment.
Closed over Christmas & New Year.
The Heritage Centre is situated in the Old Fire Station in Wotton-under-Edge, close to the main car park.