Carterton is one of Oxfordshire’s newest towns and the second largest in West Oxfordshire. In 1894 the enterprising William Carter bought part of the Duke of Marlborough's estate and parcelled it up in to 6 acre plots, which he then sold off to settlers. At first it was known for its market garden produce, tomatoes in particular, but in 1935 the Royal Air Force arrived: RAF Brize Norton is now Britain's largest air base.
Carterton is now a thriving cosmopolitan community of around 14,000 people.
The town is a bustling, lively place with a modern centre and many amenities including a leisure centre.
Nearby attractions include Crocodiles of the World & Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens.
Parking & Transport
- Free car park
Towns & Villages
Located just off the main A40 in between Burford and Witney
Public Transport Directions
Nearest rail stations at Shipston under Wychwood and Finstock