While other parts of the natural world hibernate, WWT Slimbridge comes to life as over-wintering species move in for the colder months.
So grab your best bobble hat, pick up a Quentin Blake 'Drawn to Water' illustrated guide, and get exploring. There's always something new to discover at this time of year.
Adventures worth leaving your nest for:
- Wintry art activities for all ages and abilities, inspired by Quentin Blake's distinctive drawings.
- Hone your photography skills surrounded by glistening frost and skies filled with beating wings.
- Are you drawn to water, just like Quentin Blake? Enter your wetlands-inspired artwork into the WWT competition to win a one-off framed print.
- Experience Wild Bird Feeds at 4pm, every day in the Peng Observatory.
- Draw the soundscape, daily at the South Lake Hide, Peng Observatory and Estuary Tower.
- Daily winter wandering to WWT staff and volunteer's favourite Slimbridge spots.
- Book on to a Scott House Museum Art Discovery Tour. Running on Tuesdays.
- Had your fill of the cold? Pop into our café and warm up with a hot drink or tasty bite to eat.
|Season (11 Dec 2023 - 24 Feb 2024)
|Monday - Sunday