The Bear of Rodborough is a charming, dog-friendly hotel located in the enviable location of Rodborough Common within several acres of beautiful National Trust land. The hotel itself is a 17th Century former coaching inn boasting an abundance of original features. Part of the Cotswold Inns and Hotels collection; the hotel has been sympathetically refurbished with cosy yet contemporary interiors that blend seamlessly with the original character.
The Bear has 46 en-suite bedrooms which have all been individually designed with an attractive mix of antique and contemporary furniture and classic country style. Many bedrooms also boast unrivalled views over the surrounding countryside.
In the Bar you’ll find a large selection of local beers and ales along with wine and fizz from around the world, and of course plenty of spirit! Here you can dine and drink with a mix of residents and locals, who both enjoy the bar in equal measures. A brilliant menu of family favourites is served throughout the day; from handmade scotch eggs, hot dogs and pizza to a selection of salads, sandwiches and more.
Outside, the Pavilion Garden Bar offers a gloious garden party feel complete with fairy lights, deckchairs and Kilner jars filled with treats… there’s even a retro popcorn machine and slushies for grown-ups! Garden games will keep children entertained whilst pigs ears are the perfect treat for four-legged-friends after their ‘walkies’ on the common! Weather dependant, the Pavilion bar is open daily.
If you're looking for a sophisticated dinner, the AA rosette-awarded Library Restaurant serves a selection of delicious seasonal dishes using fresh, local produce.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- AA Awards AA - 1 Rosette 2018
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Contactless check-in
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- One way system
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Room service available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Dogs Accepted
- Electric Car charging point
- Event venue
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Pets accepted - £20 per night (plus £10 for any additional dogs). • Dogs are allowed in all outdoor areas, the bar and country house bedrooms • Dogs are provided with water bowls and dog beds. Treats are available. • Maps/leaflets on local walks suitable for dogs.
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Real log/coal fires
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - 17C Coaching inn.
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
From M5 Junction 13 A46 Stroud/Bath road, turn left up Bear Hill and the hotel is on the right at the top of the hill.
Public Transport Directions
From Stroud - 2 milesA45 Stroud/Bath road, turn left up Bear Hill and the hotel is on the right at the top of the hill.