Eco Chic Cottages - The Chestnuts (sleeps up to 10) and Culls Cottage (sleeps up to 8) are two Award Winning holiday cottages that sit in unspoilt, charming, rural villages.
Close to historic Burford and Lechlade on Thames they are ideal bases to explore the highlights of the Cotswolds, Oxford, Stratford or Bath.
Our traditional stone cottages (Culls was built in 1670) have been restored to preserve the traditional and lavished with contemporary luxuries to bring them bang up to date. Stone floors, oak beams and inglenook fireplaces exude old world charm, whilst stylish furnishings, original art and modern conveniences make them relaxing places to be. Kitchens are equipped for the keenest chef with global knives and espresso machine. Enjoy the Bose ipod dock and complimentary wifi.
The Cotswolds are magnificent in all seasons and our cottages are equipped for all weathers: under-floor heating, roaring log fires and goose down duvets keep you toasty in winter and when the sun shines you can throw open the doors to bring the outside in. The stunning private gardens have been designed with numerous places to sit and are a haven in summer. Sit under the enormous Willow tree at Culls with a book and soak in the birdsong.
Culls Cottage has three double bedrooms (one of which is downstairs) and two bathrooms, plus a double sofa bed in the lounge. The Chestnuts has four double bedrooms, three bathrooms and three lounges one of which can be turned into a fifth downstairs bedroom. Bathrooms have drenching showers and deep baths for a spa like feel. There is off street parking at both houses and plenty of parking outside each cottage.
Great food pubs are just a short walk from the front doors and there are many award winning pubs within a short drive.
Eco Chic Cottages are proud supporters of the 'Caring For The Cotswolds' scheme, raising money for projects to protect, enhance and conserve the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Silver Beautiful South Award in the Best Self catering holiday accommodation category 2021-22
We also hold Five star gold award with Quality in Tourism.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Chestnuts||£3,623.00 per unit per week|
*Sleeps 8 in 4 double bedrooms
- 5 Visit England Stars
- 5 AA Gold Stars
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Gold) 2018
- AA Awards AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Free Wi-Fi available
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Cot - two available. Stairgate also available.
- Highchair - two available
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless check-in
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Electric Car charging point
- Electricity inc in rate
- Exclusive Use
- Family Friendly
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen provided
- Log Fire
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open All Year
- Short breaks available
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Midweek breaks
- Non smoking establishment
- Village Location
- Weekend breaks
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - on site massage available
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - for one car only but with lots of parking on the road outside the cottage
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour TV
- Drying Facilities - Tumble dryer available
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- iPod Dock
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking rooms available
- Non smoking units
- Oven / Cooker
- Towels Available
- TV in all bedrooms
- Underfloor heating
- Washing Machine
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Wood burning stove
|Open New Year|
|2022 - Opening (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
The Chestnuts is in the heart of Shilton Village, just south of Burford, Oxfordshire.
- The Chestnuts video