Pre-booked timed entry slots only - book online.
Westonbirt Arboretum is a remarkable place for people to enjoy and learn about trees. Borne of a Victorian passion for plant collecting, around 15,000 trees from all over the globe now offer the perfect setting to escape, relax or have an adventure…
Created by Victorian entrepreneur Robert Holford, its 240 hectares (600 acres) were planted during an exciting period of plant hunting, when trees and shrubs from all over the globe were introduced to Britain.
Unlike other arboretums, the landscape here was laid out aesthetically rather than in a botanical order, meaning Westonbirt Arboretum is truly one of the most beautiful tree gardens to be found anywhere in the world.
Pop into the Welcome Building at the start of your visit – you’ll find lots of interesting information to help you make the most of your visit as well as stories about Westonbirt’s trees and how they are cared for.
There are seasonal trail leaflets, which will guide you around some of the most amazing trees in our tree collection – hand-picked by us!
Take a walk on the STIHL Treetop Walkway, 300 metres long it gradually rises on gentle inclines to a height of 13 metres offering spectacular views across the arboretum landscape. It is accessible to visitors on foot, using mobility scooters, wheelchairs and pushchairs and to those with dogs on leads. It leads visitors from near the Welcome Building into the treetops of the beautiful Silk Wood.
For families, our play trail is a great way to fire children’s imaginations and, in such stunning surroundings, it’s an enjoyable adventure for the whole family.
Adults from £11, child from £4, concession from £7
*please check website for seasonal prices.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop in shop and Welcome Building.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - 21 spaces located close to Welcome Building.
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - Registered Changing Place includes toilet facilities as well as equipment such as a height adjustable changing bed and a ceiling hoist. The hoist can lift up to 190kg and allows users easy movement in all dimensions around the room.
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Outdoor cafe open seasonally, hot drinks and food to go.
- Picnic Site
- Restaurant - The Westonbirt Restaurant serves a range of locally source seasonal meals, along with sandwiches, cakes and hot and cold drinks.
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless payment only
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Cater for groups - email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Coach drop-off point
- Dog Friendly
- Dogs Accepted - Silk Wood is dog friendly! Representing two thirds of the arboretum, there’s plenty of space to explore with your pooch! The Old Arboretum is a dog-free zone, providing a safe space for little ones and mobility scooter users. Please keep your dog on a lead on the Downs and around the car park and main facilities.
- On-site coach parking
- Open All Year
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- All major credit cards accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
|Normal opening (1 Mar 2021 - 30 Nov 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Winter hours (1 Dec 2021 - 28 Feb 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 16:00|
* Open all year: Mar – Nov 9am – 5pm and Dec – Feb 9am – 4pm.
Closed Christmas Day.