Westonbirt Arboretum is a remarkable place for people to enjoy and learn about trees. Borne of a Victorian passion for plant collecting, around 15,000 trees from all over the globe now offer the perfect setting to escape, relax or have an adventure…
Created by Victorian entrepreneur Robert Holford, its 240 hectares (600 acres) were planted during an exciting period of plant hunting, when trees and shrubs from all over the globe were introduced to Britain.
Unlike other arboretums, the landscape here was laid out aesthetically rather than in a botanical order, meaning Westonbirt Arboretum is truly one of the most beautiful tree gardens to be found anywhere in the world.
Pop into the Welcome Building at the start of your visit – you’ll find lots of interesting information to help you make the most of your visit as well as stories about Westonbirt’s trees and how they are cared for.
There are seasonal trail leaflets, which will guide you around some of the most amazing trees in our tree collection – hand-picked by us!
Take a walk on the STIHL Treetop Walkway, 300 metres long it gradually rises on gentle inclines to a height of 13 metres offering spectacular views across the arboretum landscape. It is accessible to visitors on foot, using mobility scooters, wheelchairs and pushchairs and to those with dogs on leads. It leads visitors from near the Welcome Building into the treetops of the beautiful Silk Wood.
For families, our play trail is a great way to fire children’s imaginations and, in such stunning surroundings, it’s an enjoyable adventure for the whole family.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||£9.00 per ticket|
|Child 5 - 18 years||£3.00 per ticket|
|Students, job seekers & those arriving by public t||£6.00 per ticket|
Ticket prices quoted above are 'from' depending on the time of visit.
Adult prices are from £9 - £16.
Child 5 - 18 years prices are £3 - £4.
Students, job seekers and those arriving by public transport are £6 - £11.
Tickets can be purchased on site or pre-booked online.
After paying entry, there are no parking charges at Westonbirt Arboretum.
Please check website for prebooking requirements.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop in shop and Welcome Building.
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - 21 spaces located close to Welcome Building.
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - Registered Changing Place includes toilet facilities as well as equipment such as a height adjustable changing bed and a ceiling hoist. The hoist can lift up to 190kg and allows users easy movement in all dimensions around the room.
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Outdoor cafe open seasonally, hot drinks and food to go. Cater for vegetarians and vegans.
- Picnic Site
- Cater for groups - email email@example.com for more information
- Coach drop-off point
- Dog Friendly
- On-site coach parking
- Open All Year
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- All major credit cards accepted
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
|Season (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* 9am – 5pm, every day except Christmas Day.
Last entry: 4.30pm (March – October); 4pm (November – February)