To visit Westonbirt Arboretum it is essential to pre-book for the following key dates:
- Bank Holiday Weekends: Thu 2 – Sun 5 June and Sat 27 – Mon 29 Aug in 2022.
- Autumn - 01 Oct - 13 Nov
- Christmas - 24 Dec – 02 Jan inclusive.
Outside of these dates tickets can be purchased on site or pre-booked online.
Kids go free this summer at Westonbirt Arboretum!
From Saturday 23rd July - Sunday 4th September. Age range 0 - 18 years.
Westonbirt, The National Arboretum is helping families save money during the summer holidays, with free admission for children aged 0-18 years from 23rd July – 4th September.
There are plenty of exciting things for families to do at Westonbirt Arboretum this summer. All the activities are a fantastic way to encourage young people to enjoy and learn about trees and nature’s wonders. With play areas, free learning events such ‘Arboretum Apprentice’ along with activity trails and more, the arboretum offers a fantastic family day out.
For further information go to forestryengland.uk/westonbirt/events
Westonbirt Arboretum is a remarkable place for people to enjoy and learn about trees. Borne of a Victorian passion for plant collecting, around 15,000 trees from all over the globe now offer the perfect setting to escape, relax or have an adventure…
Created by Victorian entrepreneur Robert Holford, its 240 hectares (600 acres) were planted during an exciting period of plant hunting, when trees and shrubs from all over the globe were introduced to Britain.
Unlike other arboretums, the landscape here was laid out aesthetically rather than in a botanical order, meaning Westonbirt Arboretum is truly one of the most beautiful tree gardens to be found anywhere in the world.
Pop into the Welcome Building at the start of your visit – you’ll find lots of interesting information to help you make the most of your visit as well as stories about Westonbirt’s trees and how they are cared for.
There are seasonal trail leaflets, which will guide you around some of the most amazing trees in our tree collection – hand-picked by us!
Take a walk on the STIHL Treetop Walkway, 300 metres long it gradually rises on gentle inclines to a height of 13 metres offering spectacular views across the arboretum landscape. It is accessible to visitors on foot, using mobility scooters, wheelchairs and pushchairs and to those with dogs on leads. It leads visitors from near the Welcome Building into the treetops of the beautiful Silk Wood.
For families, our play trail is a great way to fire children’s imaginations and, in such stunning surroundings, it’s an enjoyable adventure for the whole family.
Adults from £11, child from £4, concession from £7
*please check website for seasonal prices.
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop in shop and Welcome Building.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - 21 spaces located close to Welcome Building.
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - Registered Changing Place includes toilet facilities as well as equipment such as a height adjustable changing bed and a ceiling hoist. The hoist can lift up to 190kg and allows users easy movement in all dimensions around the room.
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Outdoor cafe open seasonally, hot drinks and food to go. Cater for vegetarians and vegans.
- Picnic Site
- Cater for groups - email email@example.com for more information
- Coach drop-off point
- Dog Friendly
- On-site coach parking
- Open All Year
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Groups Welcome - See Westonbirt Group Bookings for more details https://www.forestryengland.uk/westonbirt/groups
- Groups Accepted
|Winter hours (1 Dec 2021 - 28 Feb 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 16:00|
* Westonbirt opens 9am every day except Christmas Day and closes 5pm, with last entry 4.30pm March-October / 4pm November-February.
Dates 1 Mar 2022 - 30 Nov 2022
Monday – Sunday 09:00 - 17:00 Bank Holiday 09:00 - 17:00
Dates: Dec 2022 - Feb 2023
Monday – Sunday 09:00 - 16:00 – last entry 4pm.