Our Grade 1 listed, England’s oldest hotel, sits proudly next to a 12th Century Abbey in the heart of the historic, vibrant and charming Wiltshire market town of Malmesbury.
Restored to the height of elegance, glamour and english charm, our family owned hotel is a romantic haven for lovers of fantastic food, dramatic drinks, cocktails and outstanding hosting.
Join us for Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Dinner and Sunday lunches – all for relaxed fun times.
With personable hosts, glamorous interiors, a stunning historic setting and options for unique private dining, events, meetings and weddings, we’re within easy reach of Tetbury, Bath, Bristol, Cirencester, The Cotswolds and London.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Single (En-Suite)||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double (En-Suite)||from £120.00 to £370.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin (En-Suite)||from £120.00 to £370.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family (En-Suite)||from £190.00 to £370.00 per room (breakfast included)|
- 4 AA Stars Hotel
- AA Awards AA - 1 Rosette 2018
- Room service
Children & Infants
- Food/bottle warming available - Visiting dogs cost £25. Dogs are very welcome at the Old Bell Hotel and we have plenty of walks to keep them and their owners entertained. • Dogs are allowed in all outdoor areas, the bar and in dog-friendly bedrooms. • Dogs are provided with water bowls and dog beds.
- Accept coach parties
- Dogs Accepted - Additional charge for dogs of £10 per night
- Garden/patio for guests' use - To the rear is a delightfully sheltered stone courtyard - a real suntrap in the summer months.
- Real log/coal fires
- Haunted - Several images and incidents - unsurprising since the hotel is 800 years old and located next to the Abbey.
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Dates back to 1220, reputedly the oldest purpose built hotel in England.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|