This accommodation does not have any available rooms
AboutThe Hare and Hounds Hotel at Westonbirt is the perfect choice for anyone seeking a stunning English country retreat. This Cotswold gem is set in acres of well tended gardens and woodland, adjacent to the renowned Westonbirt Arboretum and Beaufort Polo Club.
Beautiful lounges with crackling log fires, the charming Jack Hare’s Bar and The Beaufort Restaurant with views over the immaculate grounds, lend the hotel an aura of warmth and elegance which is both welcoming and relaxing.
Situated close to Tetbury, with its abundance of antique shops, and the historic city of Bath, The hare and hounds Hotel is an ideal choice, whether you with to explore of simply escape and unwind.
The bedrooms in the main house are individually styled in warm inviting colours, with attention to detail in every bedroom.
Each of the 42 bedrooms have their own lavish private en suite bathroom generously stocked with Molton Brown products to use during your stay. All rooms feature a flat-screen television, tea/coffee making facilities and biscuits, direct dial telephone, hairdryer, internet access, electric shaver point, radio and trouser press. Some rooms have complimentary cotton bathrobes for you to use during your stay. For the comfort of our guests all rooms are non-smoking.
The 2-rosette award winning Beaufort Restaurant is an elegant venue serving fine food. Its original period architectural features include an impressive hammer-beamed ceiling, wooden floors and grand bay windows that overlook the beautiful country gardens. The Beaufort Restaurant serves fine English and Continental-style cuisine cooked using local Cotswold ingredients wherever possible.
Jack Hare's is a lively English country pub with a friendly atmosphere and welcoming log fires during the cooler seasons. It is popular with locals and guests alike and offers a great selection of food. The bar menu meals range from freshly prepared sandwiches to more substantial dishes such as traditional fish & chips with mushy peas & tomato ketchup and homemade salmon & haddock fishcakes with lemon sauce & rice. An extensive selection of ales and wines are available in Jack Hare’s bar, along with its very own real ale – Jack Hare’s Real Ale!
The Hare and Hounds is the silver winner of Cotswolds & Forest of Dean Tourism's Hotel of the Year Award 2010.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Room service
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Contactless check-in
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- One way system
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Room service available during COVID-19 restrictions
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Dogs Accepted
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Pets accepted - £20 per night (plus £10 for any additional dogs) • Dogs are allowed in all outdoor areas, the bar and selected bedrooms. • Water bowl, dog beds and dog shower provided • Maps/leaflets on local walks suitable for dogs. • Dog menu available in the bar, including banana peanut butter ice cream!
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Country house
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Other sporting facilities - Croquet & tennis.
- Tennis court
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Two and a half miles south west of Tetbury on A433.
Public Transport Directions
13 miles from Chippenham mainline railway station with frequent non-stop service to Paddington. Limited bus service to Tetbury.
Regular National Express from London to Cirencester.