The Howard Arms nestles in the peaceful village of Ilmington, just 8 miles south of Stratford-upon-Avon. Built about the same time as Shakespeare wrote King Lear, little has changed since. A lovely country inn with original fixtures and fittings, flagstones, heavy beams, mellow stone walls and a huge crackling fire. Roses ramble outside, and in summer the pretty garden is open for eating.
An elegant dining room floods with light courtesy of fine arched windows that overlook the Green. The bar is lively and stocked with fine ales and good wine. Award-winning head chef Gareth creates exciting surprises alongside classic favourites such as fish and chips and liver and bacon. Puddings are irresistible.
8 newly refurbished bedrooms in the main house have a charming old-world feel, some with four-poster beds, antique furniture and specially chosen paintings. Garden rooms are extra large and more contemporary. All are different but each exudes comfort and luxury with excellent en-suite bathrooms.
If you enjoy sightseeing, there are plenty of beautiful Cotswolds villages and towns to choose from, the famous gardens of Hidcote and Kiftsgate, Batsford’s Falconry Centre, Warwick Castle (brilliant for children), as well as miles of countryside to walk in, cycle through and explore.
Plan an evening at Stratford’s Royal Shakespeare Company. And if you don’t fancy any of that you can just eat, drink and relax at the Howard Arms.
Dogs are welcome in the bar area.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double/Twin ensuite||from £98.00 to £160.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single occupancy||from £88.00 to £150.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 AA Stars Inn
- AA Awards AA - 1 Rosette 2016
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Picinic Area
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accept children all ages
- Special meal times for children
- Broadband Internet Access
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Log Fire
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open All Year
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player in all bedrooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Christmas/New Year Programme
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Call 01608 682226 for all enquiries for Christmas and New Year.