Court Barn Museum celebrates the talented designers and craftspeople who have worked in Chipping Campden and the North Cotswolds since the beginning of the twentieth century. This is a story of the Arts and Crafts movement and its legacy, a story of how a small town in a beautiful setting became a gathering place for designers and craftspeople of national and international reputation.
The permanent displays focus on nine individuals or workshops including C.R. Ashbee, Katharine Adams, F.L. Griggs, Gordon Russell, Hart Silversmiths and Robert Welch.
The museum holds a regular programme of events and exhibitions throughout the year.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£5.00 per ticket|
Group visits welcome for 8 or more. Please contact the Museum or visit our website for more details.
Art Fund Members 50% off admission price
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Accept Children over 7
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - All on level access and large enough space between exhibits for wheelchairs and prams.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Braille available - information from text panels
- Guide Dogs Permitted - + Dogs for the disabled.
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - Drop-off area only
- Ramp/Level Access - All on level access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
- Event Venue - Small select events - please ring for details
- Open All Year
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages - Some foreign languages available; others are being worked on.
- Toilets - Include disabled facilities and baby changing facilities.
- Approx length of visit - 1 Hour
- In town/city centre - On the fringe of a small historic market town.
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - For Group information, please ring to discuss requirements
- No Smoking Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - If parking in the Square only. Restricted times.
- Parking (free) - There is no public car park, but parking is available in The Square and in Back Ends. During weekends and school holidays, parking is available at local school in Cider Mill Lane - 5 minutes walk from centre of town.
- All major credit cards accepted
- Booking essential - For group bookings only
- Can be packages by 3rd parties - Please ring to arrange.
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - Minimum group size 8
- Special group rates - Group rate available - please ring to discuss your requirements.
- Visa accepted
- Marketed towards children - A children's area is located within the Museum. Children's workshops available throughout the year
- Marketed towards families - Information given for all. There is a children's corner available with puzzles and work sheets.
- Marketed towards senior citizens - There are plenty of seats which can be used whilst visiting the Museum
- Marketed towards student/youth - Pre-arranged education talks and demonstrations available.
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - See website for Programme of Events
- Educational Visits Accepted - Please ring for details
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Please ring for details
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals - Please ring for details
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups - Please contact the Museum for more information
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Groups Accepted - Please contact the Museum for more information
|October to March (1 Oct 2020 - 31 Mar 2021)|
|Tuesday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00*|
|April to September (1 Apr 2021 - 30 Sept 2021)|
|Tuesday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00*|
* Open all year; closed Mondays (except public holidays)
Please check our website for Christmas/New Year opening times
From Oxford, Moreton-in-Marsh or Evesham A44Travel on the A44. Turn at Chipping Campden/Snowshill cross roads onto B4081 sign posted Chipping Campden, follow the road into Sheep Street. At T-junction turn right into High Street. Turn right into Cider Mill Lane and follow one way system to the right into Church Street. Court Barn is on the left just past St James Church.Coach parking is available within the local school car park during holidays and weekends and designated coach parking area off the main road during term time.From Stratford-upon-AvonA3400 signposted Shipston on Stour. Turn right onto B4632 Clifford Lane signposted Mickleton and Broadway. At mini roundabout in Mickleton turn left onto B4081 signposted Chipping Campden. At T-junction turn left onto Aston Road B4035 signposted Chipping Campden. Turn left into Cider Mill Lane B4035 and follow one way system to the right into Church Street. Court Barn is on the left just past St James Church.From the Fosse Way (A429 - Cirencester to Leicester)Turn at Shipston-on-Stour/Chipping Campden cross roads onto B4035 signposted Chipping Campden. Pass through Charingworth and over the railway line into Chipping Campden. At St James church bear left into Church Street. Court Barn is on the left just past the church.
Public Transport Directions
Regular buses from Moreton-in-Marsh and Stratford-upon-Avon to Chipping Campden. Contact Johnsons - Henley in Arden for timetable information. (01564 797000)Nearest train stations are Moreton-in-Marsh, Evesham, Stratford-upon-Avon and Cheltenham.
- Court Barn video