Tel: 01993 810530
From time to time, Blenheim Palace is closed for private events. Please check the latest closures by clicking here.
A visit to Blenheim Palace offers an unforgettable experience. It’s a chance to share the splendours of Baroque architecture designed in the 1700s by Vanbrugh and Hawksmoor, to wonder at the collections of art, tapestry and antiques, and to explore the Park and Gardens and discover landscapes crafted by Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown to form magnificent vistas of English countryside.
To book your visit to Blenheim Palace, please click here.
If you are visiting Blenheim Palace for the first time, we have 300 years of history and 2000 acres of beautiful landscapes for you to discover. With just a single day, you can enjoy guided tours of the Palace, home to the Dukes of Marlborough and the greatest Briton, Sir Winston Churchill. You will find exhibits that tell the story of their lives, and the lives of those who have run the Palace and Estate for three centuries, through diaries, artefacts, photographs and film.
Our annual pass will give you more time for our rich history to unfold, and to appreciate the natural delights of the changing seasons as they play across the glorious parkland that, together with the Palace, make this a World Heritage Site.
With a rich variety of cultural highlights spanning the calendar, you can indulge in our programme of special events; from medieval jousting displays, Christmas Lights, big stage music Nocturne and contemporary art installations.
Britain’s Greatest Palace.
Phone: 01993 810 530
Address: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1UL
Open throughout the year, although closed on Christmas Day. Opening times found here.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Palace, Park & Gardens (17-25 or students with ID)||£29.50 per ticket|
|Palace, Park & Gardens (Adult)||£32.00 per ticket|
|Palace, Park & Gardens (Child 3-16, under 3's free)||£20.00 per ticket|
|Palace, Park & Gardens (Concession: over 65's)||£33.00 per ticket|
|Park & Gardens (17 - 25's or student with ID)||£19.00 per ticket|
|Park & Gardens only (Adult)||£22.50 per ticket|
|Park & Gardens only (Child)||£11.50 per ticket|
|Park & Gardens only (Concession) - Monday to Friday only||£21.50 per ticket|
Concessions are over-65s. Students will need to bring valid ID. Children are aged 3 - 16 years. Under-3's are free.
Palace, Park & Gardens tickets include all of the below (Park and Gardens), plus:
Access to all public areas of the Palace, including:
• Access to our onsite guide (which can be downloaded to your personal smart device), giving you the opportunity to immerse yourself in 300 years of history at your own pace. The onsite guide is available in nine languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Mandarin, Japanese and Russian.
• Exhibitions including annual showcases and the new permanent Churchill Exhibition and The Stables Exhibition.
Park and Gardens tickets include:
• Access to public areas of the Park and Formal Gardens:
• Over 2000 acres of stunning ‘Capability’ Brown parkland that features some historical monuments, including The Column of Victory, Grand Cascades and Vanbrugh Bridge over the Lake.
• The Formal Gardens which include the Secret Garden, the Water Terraces, Rose Garden and the Churchill Memorial Garden.
• The Walled Garden, home to a Giant Hedge Maze, the Butterfly House and Lavender Garden.
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Gold) 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Film - Historic Location
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Dutch audio guide
- French audio guide
- German audio guide
- Italian audio guide
- Japanese audio guide
- Mandarin audio guide
- Russian audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Advance booking essential
- Open now
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Coach drop-off point
- Conference facilities
- Dog Friendly
- Dogs Accepted
- Event Venue
- Free car parking
- Groups Welcome
- On-site coach parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Open All Year
- Picnic Area
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Min group size
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- Parking (free)
- All major credit cards accepted
- Apple pay accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Groups Welcome
- Min group size numeric qualifier
- Wi-fi available
- Groups Accepted
|Open New Year|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 13 Nov 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 18:00*|
* From time to time the Palace may be closed. Please check the latest information at www.blenheimpalace.com/visitus/opening-times/
Winter season 4th October 2022 - 8th April 2023 (excluding Christmas at Blenheim dates - see below)
Open throughout the year, except for Christmas Day. Blenheim Palace reserves the right to close on other dates, change its opening hours, events or offers, to restrict or refuse access at any time without notice.
Blenheim Palace sits at the edge of the picturesque town of Woodstock in Oxfordshire and is only a twenty-minute journey from the city of Oxford.
Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, Oxfordshire OX20 1UL
The Palace is within easy reach of central London and Birmingham. Both cities are around one and a half hours away by car. Free car parking is available on-site, however, we do encourage the use of sustainable public transport as much as possible.
We are located eight miles north-west of Oxford, on the A44 Evesham Road. The Palace is signposted from junction nine of the M40. If you are using satellite navigation, please use the postcode OX20 1UL.
When visiting by car, please be aware that a 20mph speed limit applies across the Estate.
Free car parking is available to all visitors (some exceptions may apply for certain events), with disabled parking for blue badge holders at Flagstaff car park in front of the Palace. Further parking is available at the Pleasure Gardens.
Woodstock is connected to Oxford via the National Cycle Network #5 route. To view the Sustrans cycle route maps in detail visit sustrans.org. Please note that while there are bike racks available at the Palace but cycling within the Park is not permitted. Visitors may cycle from the entrance gates to the Palace and back.
Public Transport Directions
The S3 bus from Oxford to Woodstock runs every 30 minutes from Oxford train station and Oxford's Gloucester Green bus station to the gates of Blenheim Palace. Please ask the bus driver to identify the appropriate stop.
Show your bus ticket at the gate to receive a 30% discount on entry.
For the timetable and more information on the route, visit stagecoachbus.com. There is no direct bus service from Bicester to Woodstock.
Nearby train stations include Oxford, Oxford Parkway and Long Hanborough. Call 08457 484950 for up to date train information or visit gwr.com or chilternrailways.co.uk.
Show your train ticket on arrival to receive a 30% discount on admission.
Regular services run from London Victoria Coach station to Gloucester Green in Oxford. Visit oxfordtube.com for prices and times.
Multi stop - Oxford/Blenheim Palace/Bicester Village. To find multi stop/direct trips to Blenheim Palace and Bicester Village from Oxford, visit ventureoxford.com.
Booking a taxi in advance can provide the cheapest, most convenient journey. Visit townhousewoodstock.co.uk or minicabit.com to plan your trip.
- Blenheim Palace
Tripadvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1952