Covid-19 update: Our new opening hours are Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays 11am-4pm for pre-booked visits. 1 hour time slots are available to book via the museum website in advance, enabling visitors to enjoy exclusive access to the museum collections for up to 6 people per booking.
The museum celebrates the life and work of renowned furniture designer Sir Gordon Russell and his company. Schooled in the Arts and Crafts tradition of the Cotswolds, Gordon Russell believed that the hand crafted tradition of British cabinet making could be fused with the possibilities of the machine, making good design accessible to all. From the workshops in the village of Broadway, which now houses the museum, the company gained an international reputation and had a profound influence on British industry, design and education.
The displays cover a rich period of 20th century design, from Arts and Crafts to Modernism and beyond, accompanied by a changing programme of exhibitions and events. The museum shop brings the story up to the present day, showcasing the work of contemporary designer-makers.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£5.00 per ticket|
|Under 16||£1.00 per ticket|
Children under 12 are free when accompanied by an adult.
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless payment only
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Interactive displays closed
- One way system
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Time limited visits
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Short & long stay car parks in the village
- All major credit cards accepted
- Groups Accepted - 5-20 (larger groups by prior arrangement)
|2021 - Peak season (1 Mar 2021 - 31 Oct 2021)|
|Tuesday - Sunday||11:00||- 17:00*|
|2021 - Winter (1 Nov 2021 - 23 Dec 2021)|
|Tuesday - Sunday||11:00||- 16:00*|
* Open all year except January. Closed Mondays.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Gordon Russell Design Museum video