The Broadway Museum & Art Gallery in partnership with the Ashmolean is located in a beautiful former coaching inn on Broadway’s lovely High Street.
Originally built in the seventeenth century as ‘The Angel Inn’, the building, now known as Tudor House, has been extended and adapted over the years but retains original features and architectural flourishes reflecting trends of the passing eras. The house has been both a farmstead and a private residence and was for 80 years, the headquarters for H.W Keil Ltd, one of the leading dealers in antique furniture in the world.
As a fascinating local community museum, our exhibits explore the history of Broadway. It tells the story of its success through the wool trade, highlights its important history as a major stopover on the coaching route between London and Ludlow and illustrates the popularity of the village with travellers and artists.
In 2018 we opened the Artists’ Colony Room, which showcases Broadway’s connections with John Singer Sargent, Henry James, William Morris, and more.
In 2019, we opened our Broadway Room which looks at the history of Broadway from the end of the nineteenth century onwards.
You'll also find a beautiful collection of medieval furniture, paintings, fine furniture, glassware, ceramics, opals and our interesting cabinet of curiosities. Added to this are special exhibitions which have in the past featured collections of World War I & II paintings, Japanese watercolours and our current exhibition which is a collection of paintings, drawings and costumes representing 20th century beauty, style and fashion.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£5.00 per person per day|
|Available for group booking on request||Free|
|Child 5 - 16||£2.00 per person per day|
|Child under 5||Free|
|Family up to 2 adults and 2 children||£10.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Guide Dogs Permitted - Non assistance dogs may be left tied in our enclosed entrance way where they will be well cared for by Museum staff & volunteers .
- Electric Car charging point - Public charging places are available in Broadway
- On-site coach parking - Coach parking available directly opposite the museum entrance
- Picnic Area - Available in the Broadway activity park situated near to the museum.
- Max group size
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times - The museum is available for private hire for events, functions and business meetings.
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Two public car parks within easy walking distance
- Parking (free) - 8 free parking bays and 2 disabled bays immediately opposite the museum
- All major credit cards accepted - Except American Express
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Small extra charge applies.
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals - Introductory talk available.
Travel & Trade
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 5
- Groups Accepted - Booking essential
|Season (13 Feb 2021 - 18 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 04:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 04:00|
* Last entry 3.30pm